Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Stock Radio Problem, need help or advice!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 11:35 AM
howienf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Radio Problem, need help or advice!

Hey,
My savage 25 stock radio isn't responding properly. It appears to be fine when the engine isn't running but when its is running (i guess from the vibration), it seems to want to do wahtever it wants. the truck revs up and stops and revs and stops and steering is also difficult. i think it may be the receiver in the truck but im not sure. i tried ad ifferent crystal set also and it didn't solve the problem. any suggestions?
Old 01-30-2005, 11:38 AM
cardriverx

Default RE: Stock Radio Problem, need help or advice!

can you see any metal to metal contact? thats what usually makes a radio glitch. or are your batts low?
Old 01-30-2005, 12:04 PM
howienf

no metal/metal contact like a short or anythi8ng. i removed it and put it back. batteries are fine.thats why i thought at first .it just seems to do it when there is vibration.the truck is practically uncontrolable.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:58 PM
cardriverx

no i don't mean like a short i mean when metal hits another piece of metal, the frequency it emits is around the band that an am transmitter uses, and it causes the radio to glitch, check to see if anything is loose
Old 01-30-2005, 06:16 PM
ratpower396

i had the same type of problem but it turned out to be a loose reciever crystal..
Old 01-31-2005, 11:18 PM
rustler 1

I have the same problem, but i am going to buy new batts and metal gear servo. reciever is also something im going to buy, if you get the reviever everything should run right. go to a LHS and get one, a good ones about 50 and reaches 1mile plus and thats what im going to do. Ill check my crystals but a new reciever would be great too. If you got the money buy a reciever but i havent seen your truck soi cant tell what exactly it is. BTW i hated my plastic antenna holder cuz i bought it and it broke so i stopped using them until i bought another to put under my roll cage so it doesnt break and i got a little better reception.