Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Broken engine block and motor mount!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 07:53 PM
mziadeh
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken engine block and motor mount!

I was out bashing around yesterday and came down pretty hard (well VERY hard) anyhow, Not only did I break the motor mount into four pieces, but I also managed to break one of the mountin flanges enough to leave a nice sized hole in the crank case (too big to fill with JB weld). So my question is: Has this happened to anyone else? and I was going to get the Aluminum Heatsink motor mount but I'm afraid that it is too strong and if I get into the same situation again with that mount I'll damage the engine block even worse, but either way the block is broken. So should I stay with the standard motor mount?
Old 02-01-2005, 09:29 AM
ratpower396

Default RE: Broken engine block and motor mount!

the mount wont make a difference in your case.Ive heard of stock mounts breaking but they cracked the block too.Alot of guys are getting the RC solutions roll cage that covers the engine & wont let this happen again..
Old 02-01-2005, 12:47 PM
mziadeh
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Broken engine block and motor mount!

I don't think that the roll cage would have saved my block. The guy at my LHS said that part of my issue was most likely heat that caused the block to be weak and when it hit the ground that was the last straw beacuse there is only a certian about of abuse these trucks can handle and from what I do to the truck that sounds most likely. The heatsink motor mount should help but I'll have to take it a little more easier on my truck.

I guess we can consider this post closed. [&o]