Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

aluminum parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 11:07 PM
IIjzXXL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aluminum parts

what do you guys think of aluminum parts
i have saveage and i want to take it tough
and i heard from some ppl that they bend and that
i should just stick to the stock parts??
this is true??
Old 02-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Richie-EB4

Default RE: aluminum parts

IMO you should stay with stock parts...........for bashing the plastic will flex more than alloy and is also lighter.

The alloy does look nice but i dont think that it is worth the extra unless you just want a shell queen.When you upgrade your plastic parts to alloy the one part next to it will then break and then you end up with a full alloy savage.
There are some upgrades that are a must.........cam steering,alloy clutch shoes and i also changed the brake disc to the twin set-up (much better IMO )
Old 02-01-2005, 01:02 PM
cardriverx

i would get a alu. bulkhead, so there is no chance of breakin it. im stickin with plastic arms, so they can bend. im thinkin of gettin the ti. chassis from hardcore racing, anyone have it? if so how is it?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
WizzBang

Some parts such as adjustable shock towers are only available in aluminum. Additionally, I highly recommend aluminum parts such as diff cups and clutch shoes (when the plastic ones wear out) due to the fact that they will wear better. Aluminum will hold up better in cold climates (plastic doesn't flex so well below freezing) so that might be a consideration for some people. Other that that, stick with the plastic.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:02 PM
ed260z

My truck has a lot off Al on it. And I love it. The only parts that I've ever broken where the plastic ones.

And to the people who say that Al bends. You obviously haven't had any Al parts. So don't make a comment unless you have first hand knowledge.

Will Al bend? Of course it will, if you slam into a wall going 40mph plus. But long before you reach the limits of Al parts you would have destroyed your plastic parts. You need to have a catastrophic hit before you kill the Al.
Al has less flex, which means that you have more control.
More control means that you have a better chance of getting out of the situation that will break your truck.

Plus lets face it all that bling sure looks sweet
Old 02-01-2005, 10:39 PM
IIjzXXL

the for the feed back guys
but more is better
hey ed260z soo you you got alot of bashing,jumping,etc?
Old 02-01-2005, 11:52 PM
ed260z

I do things with my truck, that make other people hide under their beds!!!!!!!! No jump is to big, and obstacle to great. I have no problem throwing my baby around. Bash Bash BASH!!!!
I've had other trucks (revo's,MT's, T-maxx's, MGT's etc...) Slam my truck @ WOT, and they've all gone home crying to their mamas. While I kept thrashing the field.[>:]