Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

rotostart for sirio 27?

Old 02-07-2005, 03:10 AM
CR500rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rotostart for sirio 27?

i was reading another post about putting a rotostart on a sirio 27. what is the "T-15" engine that i need to get the rotostart gears for? and what backplate do i use with those gears? please reply because the p/s on the sirio is junk, thanks
Old 02-07-2005, 04:54 AM
Vortec_Rat

Default RE: rotostart for sirio 27?

Junk is putting it mildly. The t-15 engine is an hpi .15 engine off a buggy or a smaller stadium truck. If you have the black plastic roto start housing, you're all set. Now take off the pull start so you're looking at the one way on the sirio. The one way bearing on the sirio is larger than the one way bearing on the stock .25 motor. It happens to be the same size as the one way on the .15 motor hence using the roto start gears off the .15. Now take the gears out of the roto start housing and install the new gears from the .15. Now bolt on the roto start just like you would on the stock motor. BINGO! Sirio roto start.

FYI, the three bolts holding the roto start to the sirio might not line up perfectly with the sirio. Just take a really small drill bit and using your fingers, open up the holes in the plastic roto start housing just a little. Now bolt it on and go.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:43 PM
ed260z

Default RE: rotostart for sirio 27?

So you need the gear set from the .15 and a cover from a .25. Right?[:-]