Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

ally brake disk upgrade probs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 04:44 PM
radioman789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ally brake disk upgrade probs

hi all i have done this upgrade and seem to be having not a lot of luck , it worked fine for about 7-10 tanks then started to slide to one side on the brake hub which is ally too going far enough to lock wheels and then if i drop truck to disengage brake hub it goes fine again ally brake disk upgrade probs the 2 screws for the pads are tight i was wondering if this is caused by the vibration ( i am quite well up in the savage strip fix rebuild scene but this is annoying me now so all help is appreciated thanks
Old 02-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Richie-EB4

Default RE: ally brake disk upgrade probs

I think i have read this right............it sounds like your alloy brake disc hub is worn and its allowing the disc to slide at an angle and lock the drive..........

Is this all stock set-up ??
Old 02-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Dave33
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: radioman789

then started to slide to one side on the brake hub which is ally too going far enough to lock wheels and then if i drop truck to disengage brake hub it goes fine again ally brake disk upgrade probs the 2 screws for the pads are tight i was wondering if this is caused by the vibration ( i am quite well up in the savage strip fix rebuild scene but this is annoying me now so all help is appreciated thanks
Huh! Dude. Try explaining again. You don't make any sense. What's the Savage strip fix rebuild?
Old 02-11-2005, 11:49 AM
radioman789

thanks ritchie you seem to have got it right yes the brake disk is moving at an angle and lockin the wheels , as for strip fix rebiuld scene well i bash hard and break things strip out the broken parts fix or replace them and then rebuild the trucki
Old 02-11-2005, 11:53 AM
Richie-EB4

Cool..........im just glad you sorted the problem.........

Enjoy
Old 02-11-2005, 03:12 PM
wrightgj

HANG ON!!!

I've just fitted the upgrade (HPI dual disc)
There isn't anything supplied with the kit to stop the discs moving back and forth on the shaft! Surely there should be a spacer which fits over the shaft to keep the discs apart?
It would go over the hex, between the discs to stop them from moving about. Currently, only the 'pad' assembly is holding them apart, which means they flail about at the opposite edge..

can't figure it out....

G
Old 02-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Richie-EB4

Thats right..........this set-up works very well as the hex is made of hardened steel and not alloy like stock.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:31 PM
wrightgj

i'll take your word for it, although the discs chink together when the car is moving!
utterly bizarre, a spacer would have sorted it.

g
Old 02-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Richie-EB4

Yeah maybe a thin washer or O ring might stop it but ive not had any probs apart from my brakes sticking but thats my linkage at fault.