Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Help Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Bender101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me!!!

Well I just got a svage 25 today. I put in the reciever batteris and I could not get the cap on. In the end I had to take off two shocks to get this on and I don't want to have to do this every time. If there a diffrent way to get this cap on? Should I even put it on??

Reminding me about the reciever I just want to know how long those batteries will last in the reciever. I have 4 nimh. I want to know this because I do not have a failsafe and I wan't to know how often I will have to replace them
Old 02-11-2005, 07:31 PM
bashking

Default RE: Help Me!!!

Right first off GET A FAILSAFE
secondly if you push the bodyclip tower back away from the cover slightly you will be able to get the cover off (make sure you push the brake wire out of the way when you pull the front end out oor else you will bend it. If you really cant get it off like this the only thing i can think of is that you bodyclip tower needs lifting up (pull the 2 R clips out and raise it up to the next set of holes)
Let me know how you get on. Remember pull the back end of the cover off first i.e the side on the right of your picture
Old 02-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Bender101

So you are saying to push the tower away but I thought you can't. I am talking about getting it on and off because the only way how to do it it seems is to take one shock off each side.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:41 PM
bashking

are you saying you cant bend the tower away a bit? i know it doesnt look possible but if you push it away a bit and lift the back end up first it should go. (please dont break anything and blame me but i know 4 other savage owners and they all do it like that.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:44 PM
bashking

oh i forgot to ask do you have a hump pack in or the standard 4 battries cus if you dont have a hump pack in you really need one. You can go for hours on 1 hump pack charge
Old 02-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

push the front end down and the shocks spread out a bit. This is how I get mine back on...

Your steering and brakes are gonna be weak with those 4 batteries (4.8V instead of 6V). The hump packs use 5 cells...
Old 02-11-2005, 07:52 PM
bashking

Heh frost there you are. Where were you when i posted my problem about an hour ago!! I could have really used your advice
Old 02-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Bender101

Ya.. about the hump pack on the other topic (the svage 4.6 one) someone said you need like a adapter. Do I need to buy extra stuff to run a hump pack?
Old 02-11-2005, 07:58 PM
bashking

Not usually. They come with the same adapter that your battery pack uses to plug into your reciever. At least mine did
Old 02-11-2005, 08:22 PM
stevblutu15

i slide mine between the roll bar, then bring it foward into position.