Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Stock Needle Settings for a wasp .26

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Letsskydive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Needle Settings for a wasp .26

what are the stock needle settings for a wasp .26 does anyone know
Old 02-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Richie-EB4

Default RE: Stock Needle Settings for a wasp .26

This is taken from another forum.........just hope it helps you.

And I quote.........Here are the factory settings for the .26 engines

Here are the needle settings. High speed needle 4 1/2 turns out and low speed needle is 9 1/2 turns out

Plus the 30% nitro keeps the engine cooler............

As i said THIS IS NOT MY SETTINGS.........

Good Luck
Old 02-15-2005, 04:45 PM
ed260z

I have the settings at home. Now I can't remeber exactly what they were, but I think that it's the reverse of what you saw. I distictly rember the HSN being out further than the LSN.
I'm having a problem getting onto this site from home, so I won't be able to post again until Thursday.[&:]
Old 02-15-2005, 04:51 PM
ed260z

Never mind I had it reversed. These are the settings from the manual:
STARTING NEEDLE SETTINGS
Master Needle Valve - (High Speed) main control for fuel mixture. Set at 3 to 3 1/2 turns from closed or flush with collar. Adjust this
needle for maximum RPM and power without being too lean or too hot. Make sure you start at bottom of needle seat!!
Barrel Needle (Low Speed) - 7mm Carburetor, factory setting is " Turn needle in until is stops, do not over tighten. Now,
turn out counter clockwise 10.5 to 11.5 turns. This needle is in the center of the carburetor barrel and provides throttle
response. It is not the idle adjustment. Turning screw "IN" is Lean and "Out" is Rich. Do not adjust this needle until the
Master Needle is set for power and best performance. This needle will only effect throttle response, so adjust needle until
throttle response is clean with little or no delay. Once set, do not continue to turn (lean) needle further. This is important
since continuing to turn needle will only increase engine temp, at lower RPM, which will throw off engine overall tuning.
Barrel Stop Screws - Used for adjusting Idle. Set for 1/16th inch gap to start new engines. You can open more for faster
idle.