Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 04:52 AM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage...

Hi ya. I have an FG Marder Race that i love to bits. But i am tempted to get a HPI Savage. Are these good monster trucks. are they reliable? The reason for me wanteng one is that the FG is too expensive for some bashing having fun with and the savage looks like a car that could do this.

I have seen that there is a truckzillia (sp?) what the difference from this to a normal savage with a .25 engine and how does one get one. is it just a hop up??

Cheers

Dazza
Old 02-15-2005, 05:33 AM
4C8DAN

Default RE: Savage...

You see truckzillas on ebay, bigger and more powerfull but it is a hop up. £200 here in the uk. (new wheels, engine and bigger chassis is most of it)

If you want a truckzilla then i suggest you buy one secondhand and save a fortune! If you want new then get the 25 SS or RTR.

Very strong, go to hpieurope.com and via downloads check out the videos... theres something like a 20ft jump!!!

I am after a FG monster.... i have a savage 25SS and its awesome, MP6 which is just different (not so good for bashing) and keep looking at the FG's... What can you tell me????
Old 02-15-2005, 06:37 AM
dazzahughesuk

Hi ya mate. cheers for the advice on the Savage. ill look into it.

FG...this is a whole new ball game. these are far better than nitro's (im biased). how do they compare to nitros...where do i start.

the engine: and good as place to start as any.
you can either get a 23cc or a 26cc engine. the 23cc i have in my marder and it fast enough. but if you want more torque and power then the 26cc does the job. there are several different makes that make the engine that you can get in your FG marder MB or MT. Zenoah or CY. the Zenoah is the better out of the two, but are really the same engine.
They use unleaded fuel with a 2 stroke oil mix. The engines a like chainsaw or lawnmower engines, two ot three pull of the pull start and your off. No faving aout with glow plugs or glow starters etc.. just fput fuel in, charge the receiver battery and transmitter battery, pull the pull starter and your off! how simple is that. So when you go out with is all you nead is the car fully fueled and the transmitter..thats it.
Chassis is alloy.

they are great cars and are very well built, and strong!!!

Fully Ball Raced - Reduces friction on moving parts for increased performance and extended life span
Tough Roll Cage - Protects the engine and other components in the event of a roll over crash
Long Stroke Shocks - Smoothes out the bumps to provide stable handling and helps prevent the chassis from bottoming out.
Turn Buckles All Round - Allows quick and easy adjustment of suspension geometry and other setup options
Layshaft Brake - Effective yet easy to adjust for maximum stopping power

have a look at this site

http://www.gmmodels.co.uk/acatalog/FG_Off_Road.html

www.rc-cars-online.de is a good place to order from a little cheaper than uk prices and the delivery is about up to a week.

KRB or kevsRacingbits.co.uk.

For more infor have a look in the RC giant scale froum fro more info http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RC_G...mid_234/tt.htm

hope that has been of some help. Dazza

P.S. hold onto your wallet when and if you get your FG, they are expensive, but are worthevery penny!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:49 PM
stevblutu15

i have heard extreme problems with the truckzilla mod. Get yourself a nice .28, or .30 engine, and it will last, and out perform loner.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:17 PM
waz1111

The truckzilla's have many problems and you will be better off getting something like a SH .28 in your Savage, or just buy the new 4.6 like me . The Savage is a basher truck, great truck. Don't really know what else to say, if you want to ask something a little more specific? Goto Savage-central.com and READ. There is so much info on the site and on their forums it is unbeleiveable. Great truck. All I can say.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 04:58 AM
4C8DAN

Hi,

What are the truckzilla probs? My brother in-law has just bought the truckzilla conversion for £200 here in the UK.

Is it really that bad? Anyone rate it as good? Anyone have it?

thanks.

(NOT YET FITTED) should he send it back?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:19 AM
dazzahughesuk

Yea i was thinking about getting that new 4.6 beast!
Old 02-16-2005, 06:21 AM
original.mb

daz

the savage is a great truck untill you spend 2000.00 grand like me on it i ended selling my savage at www.modelsport.co.uk last august to fund my fg mb

daz word of advice if you go with the savage get the new ss kit with new big-block 4.6cc or if you wanna go one better buy the new duratrax 'warhead' because it is overloaded with option parts as standard whereas the savage you would have to upgrade to get to the same spec. another mt to look at would be the losi LST

what ever you go with when you purchase hopups go to my good friend rich at www.rchopups.co.uk i designed his web graphics

i'm trying to find my savage pics to show another member but i can't find them. it was truly over the top but i still bashed it hard.