Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

temporary pipe, backpressure issues.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Crazy_Coconuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temporary pipe, backpressure issues.

My plastic pipe melted some many months ago, and ever since, i've been swamped with work... last week was the first time in a while i got my truck running... I had changed it from stock specs to madforce pipe, a larger filter, and two wheel drive... Anyway, although the truck seemed really weird to me (different sound, handling, tuning, etc... ) the truck was working fine... it was all good up until i ran out of my Byron Race fuel... When i ran out, i went over to get some of my friend's Backyard Basher fuel thinking it was fuel made by Byron (its made by Sidewinder... the fuel sucks, dont buy it... kills performance to make the engine 4 lousey degrees farenheit cooler)...

as soon as I change fuel, I had to lean it out a lot. I thought it was normal because i just refueled, and i usually richen somewhere at about mid-tank... Then when i started running the truck, it kept dying out on me... the funny thing was that it didnt load up... There was no fuel in the line... to make a long story short, i figured that i didnt get enough back pressure from the new pipe... that would explain the empty lines... my question is why do i all of a sudden get backpressure issues after changing the fuel? how do i fix this problem while im waiting on a new pipe? I'm 95% sure it's not tuning because it runs with a perfect purr for a little bit before cutting out...

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: temporary pipe, backpressure issues.

I have found that if I get fuel in my pressure line (The one that goes from the exhaust to the top of the tank), I will not get any pressure in the feed line. To remedy this, I take off the pressure line and swing it around to clear it out (Blowing in it introduces moisture). Also, make sure that your tank isn't cracked. I had that problem, too. One other thing to check - Make sure that the tank lid is sealing properly. Open it up, wipe off the o-ring and the plastic and gently push it down. Then try. The fuel will not create a backpressure issue.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Crazy_Coconuts

The lines were clear, I made sure... it wasnt a blockage of any sort. I'm gonna check my tank for leakages, although i doubt it'll have anything wrong with it... It holds the fuel in...

Another thing i thought of was that there might be a blockage in the tuned pipe itself. Black stuff drips out sometimes... not exactly unburned nitro...
Old 03-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

That just sounds like excess oil. I ran some Trinity Monster 20% and had great results. then I ran some reddish orange stuff and had the drip issue. If you think the pipe may be blocked, try taking the fuel line off the top of the tank and blow through to the exhaust. If you can't, then you have a problem. If you can, then keep checking for leaks.