Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

High Speed Bogger

Old 04-18-2005, 08:36 AM
I Eat Glue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Speed Bogger

I just purchased a Savage 2.5 RTR. After breaking it in (3 hours) I let it loose. It will rocket off the start like no other but after it shifts into second it hesitates and wont reach its top speed. I switched out the glowplug and it was better but it's still hesitating. My running temp is at 247 degrees so it seems to be tunned correctly but just won't go. Some one else said it might be the fuel line but I left it the way it came from the factory and it's pretty long. Do I need to shorten it? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: High Speed Bogger

Do not shorten it! A long fuel line helps to keep the truck running after a rollover or flip until you can get to it. If your engine goes a few feet (or even 20 feet) and then seems to cut out unless you reduce the throttle, then it is running lean and you need to richen your HSN (High speed needle-on top of the stack where your fuel line goes in).

Also, when you are tuning, get the HSN set with perfect top end before you adjust the LSN (Low Speed Needle - on the end of the carb slide)