Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Nitro addiction causing legal problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:48 PM
ntloser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro addiction causing legal problems

Hi,

On lunch, I went to fire up my savy but when I turned on the servo switch nothing happened. I ran back to my cubicle and checked all the connections. All good but still no juice. I thought, it can't be the battery I remember leaving it plugged in all night. So I left workand got the charger for the battery pack and plugged it directly into the tail.. nothing.. then directly into the reciever bypassing the switch nothing. Bythis time I feel the tears coming and speed off to the LHS. I got pulled over and a citation for 68 in a 35.. I never made it to the LHS in time. But I got back to work with all my stuff and plugged the battery pack into the charger for a few minutes then plugged it back into the reciever and it worked.. ***!!!! I wonder if my pass through tail is somehow defective.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Rep99099

Default RE: Nitro addiction causing legal problems

ROFL, That is awesome.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ntloser

...citation for 68 in a 35...
Was that considered reckless operation? Anything over 20 mph over is RO in Ohio...Extra points and you HAVE to see the judge.

Glad you got it going though. Maybe a loose connection in the receiver?
Old 04-23-2005, 09:53 PM
ntloser

It wasn't considered reckless. I didn't have my registration or insurance in the car. I did find the receipt for my registration and my insurance card.. but she let me off on verbal for that. It was also in a construction zone but no workers or machinery was preset.. The fine is $305.. which could have gotten the Collari and some nice aluminium hopups.

I don't know why it wasn't working. It appeared that the battery pack was dead.. but I don't know why connecting the charger into the receiver didn't power it up when I stopped at home.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

OUCH!
Makes you want to beat your head on the wall. [sm=punching.gif]
Old 04-23-2005, 10:44 PM
bighitbiker3

Thats tight man. Except for the fine.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:19 PM
crazychris7

ive gotten so many complaints of me running my savage, maxx, mgt, exc at the house at 2-3 in the morning (hey.. i couldnt sleep) But im in a rural area so i guess they can hear my trucks from 1/4 mile away... when theyre sleeping.. thru their walls... When the cops show up, they'll drive right up to me and turn the car off, get out and stand there watching the truck for a lil while... then they'll want to try it out Then after i let em run for a few mins, they'll hand me the radio back and tell me to have a good night.... I LOVE THE COPS ROUND HERE!!!! The sgt and lt of the shariffs dept and alkot of the local cops race/bash with me so whenever they get a call about me running my truck theyll come out to play.. had 3 cops show up one friday night with their trucks and we bashed the crap outta our trucks for about 30 mins at bout 2 in the morning... nuttin else to do... its real quiet and the cops usually just drive around all day and never have any probs except for the old people complaining or the kids playing around on their 4 wheelers on someones property... i love it round here!!!!

Chris
Old 04-24-2005, 09:05 AM
ben_s25

sweet
Old 04-24-2005, 10:16 AM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

my friend got caught doing 120 on his crotch rocket in a 40mph zone
Old 04-24-2005, 11:22 AM
bighitbiker3

my friend got caught doing 120 on his crotch rocket in a 40mph zone
ok
Old 04-24-2005, 11:22 AM
Savage_Dias

I'm wanting to think batteries are charged on a pulse & chargers don't put out enough current to actually run a receiver. I might get productive later today & hook my meter up to my charger. If I do I'll let you know.