Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What to do about air cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 04:49 PM
ntloser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do about air cleaner

Hi,

My Air cleaner fell off today after a jump and the truck was upsidedown on the grass. I am worried that the engine is going to get messed up now. How do you keep the air cleaner on?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: What to do about air cleaner

Push it ALL the way on, then use the pull tie like the instructions say.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:18 PM
ntloser

I dont know what happened to the zip tie on the carb side. But there is one on there now. Is there anyway to tell if anything got in there short of taking it apart? Would I notice a huge performace drop?
Old 04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
bighitbiker3

Not a very big one at all. Did you have your body on. If you did since you landed in grass your probobly fine. If you didn't you are still probably fine.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:53 PM
ntloser

Awesome. I am glad to hear that. I didn't have my body on. In fact, I haven't had a chance to put it on yet.
I tried some jumping today, out of the sand pit and onto the grass. It seemed to go head first. I guess I gotta work on that. Last night I rebuilt the stock shocks (and lost a piece so it was off to LHS the this morning). I tightened the nut that holds the washer on the shaft and added the spring spacer ( I originally took them off to keep it low and help prevent roll). Then i filled them up to the brim with 20 weight and got some purple springs. My stock springs got funky when they came into contact with carb cleaner. The paint started coming off. I am also thinking about returning the replacement head I ordered and the aftermarket shocks and using the money towards the Collari 3.0.
I finally had the Savvy at top speed but not quite sure if it is tuned to its fullest potential. I went out today thinking.. I am going to tune it... but, I make an adjustemt and before I know it I burn through a tank having fun. I did get the trim adjusted on the throttle and the steering and it idles alot better although a little unstedy. Gonna check the LSN again. It also looke like I need to redo my tires as they were coming off the rim. Without trying to go too much more off topic, I ordered some new rims and I am going to boil the tires off the old ones. Do I need to get replacement foam?

The clubhouse security came out today and asked that I not rev it while golfers are tee-ing off. He also comented on the speed of the Savvy .. said that thing is really fast. Okay i am gonna stop typing because I can tell that I am still on the nitro high.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Philster

You could take off the plug, intentionally flood the motor and crank some of the fuel out of the engine. This would be a mild mild cleaning attempt, since you had a mild event without a filter.