Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

My Brushless Savage Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Ziggmiester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Brushless Savage Thread

Wow, good job! I just got the savage and this is my first nitro so I can't speak of which I like more, nor will I ever know which one I like more. Both of them have good points and as another person said, it is a hobby, so do what you will with it, creating things to have more fun shouldn't be wrong. But anyway, that's awsome what you did, I would love to convert something like that over someday. I can also definetly see why you'd want to use the savage as well, it's as tough as they can really get right now. With that setup, you could most likely smoke me which is funny, because you would NOT be making any smoke. Can't wait to see some videos of it running and bashing!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Ziggmiester

What happened to this thread anyway?
Old 10-15-2005, 03:18 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: chelopr

No nitro[], no engine and loud pipe sound[&o], need of recharge batt after ten minutes of each run[X(] , what are you do with the savage is a crime, No more Savage just silent shhhhh!!!!!!...... Well My friend enjoy your silent run

Looks fine but batts are not for me...
heh...my neighbors chased down my RC10GT with pitchforks and torches. Then, I sold it. Then, I bought a brushless mini-t. Then, I decided electrics stink and I'm thinking of buying a Savage 25 (nitro) just to show the neighbors what a nitro is capable of.

Nice BL conversion, as others have said, be DIFFERENT!!! [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-15-2006, 11:00 AM
tndiverdown

Total rebuild time. Well, over the last few weeks I completely tore it down and am in the process of rebuilding. I decided to move the battery trays forward about an inch, which centers them on the chassis. Reason? I couldn't keep the front wheels on the ground. I also found the cups were wearing pretty heavily, the diffs were leaking, and the rear ring gear was starting to self-destruct. I'm waiting on the final parts order to put it all back together. I still want to make a vid for you guys. Maybe I can when I get it all back together.

Old 05-18-2006, 03:44 AM
e-zilla man

hi i have just bought a second hand nitro mt off ma friend it has on o.s and i want to get it tuned good does any one know how many turns and stuff also i want to convert it to brushless cause nitro is 2 much of a hassel so could you give me some info about tuning and how to convert to brushless ok.....
Old 05-18-2006, 09:55 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I was thinking about buying a electric buggy but with out going to Lipo backs running on grass from what all the electric guys told me I would not get at the most 15 minutes run time. I might be wrong but I do not think you will get that with a heave Savage. I have one electric off road a Mini inferno and with an 8-cell pack I am lucky to get 8 minutes on cut grass. Different strokes different folks.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:35 PM
ELK

Default RE: My Brushless Savage Conversion

ORIGINAL: tndiverdown

Well, I received my brand spanking new Savage 25 tonight and what did I do? I tore it all apart. I did a some quick mock up action. I worked out the dogbone lengths and where the transmission and battery trays need to go to keep the weight distributed right. Kinda looks like it's all susposed to be in there. Now all I need to do is cut everything off the side with no motor just about even with the edge of the spur to fit in the 74mm width between the TVPs. This is going to be easier than I had planned on....

i'm thinkin in makin me my own brushless savage. did you have any planes on the design.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:29 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...t/vtwin_01.htm

Traxxas has the right idea here with the dual brushless E Maxx it is teasing us with. It seems like HPI is asleep as there has been no talk of a brushless Savage even though people want one. If Traxxas builds this truck, I will buy it and leave the Savage on the shelf.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:10 AM
go-to
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: tndiverdown

Total rebuild time. Well, over the last few weeks I completely tore it down and am in the process of rebuilding. I decided to move the battery trays forward about an inch, which centers them on the chassis. Reason? I couldn't keep the front wheels on the ground. I also found the cups were wearing pretty heavily, the diffs were leaking, and the rear ring gear was starting to self-destruct. I'm waiting on the final parts order to put it all back together. I still want to make a vid for you guys. Maybe I can when I get it all back together.
I know this is really old, but the topic is still relevant. One question I never saw asked though...were did you get the pieces to swap out the tranny? The chain, bearing mounts, motor plate, etc?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:11 AM
dhyde79

I'd love an answer on that too since I'm in the process of converting my savage (just finishing it up) and then looking into getting a hellfire to convert too....
Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 AM
rhylsadar

i guess its rather difficult to get the kyosho twin force tranny now a days.
you may try ebay or shops that still carry the twin force. wouldn't be that easy.

greets
rhyls
Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
savyboy88

will a titan 12t power my savage
Old 08-26-2008, 12:52 AM
MadManAndrew

OMG NO! You'd need three...