Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

desperate help needed sh 28

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 07:55 AM
hardtail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default desperate help needed sh 28

hello un fortunatly the crankshaft has snapped on my sh 28 and im trying to locote the part ,and as i am in the uk i cany seem to get one do any of you n where i can get one and a rough price as i dont want to get a new engine as it was runnig like stink please can any of you help
Old 04-29-2005, 08:31 AM
I Eat Glue

Default RE: desperate help needed sh 28

I would check your warrenty, you might be able to seend it back to them for "mechanical failure". Just call them and explain what broke and they will give you an adress to send yours, once you send it they will send a new one back to you. If your ordered your engine on E-Bay, your skrewed. I never order mechanical or electronical stuff on E-Bay. Bad idea...
Old 04-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Here is a place to get SH parts. I am nearly positive that they would ship globally.

http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/part/14701201.asp
Old 04-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Nitronutt

ORIGINAL: I Eat Glue

I never order mechanical or electronical stuff on E-Bay. Bad idea...
I've ordered tons of things mechanical (Including my SH) and electrical or electronic (Inlcuding every component in the computer that I am using) and have not had a single issue.

If you did get it from an ebay seller, give them a call/email them and see if there is anything that they can do.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
hardtail

cheers for that mate ive emailed them but they havent replyed yet i just thought would the shaft out of a xtm 24.7 be the same as the sh 28 does anyone no this or if there is one that would fit it
Old 04-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Nitronutt

I'm not sure. Here is a picture of each. I know that SH makes the 24.7 pro. Going strictly by the pictures, they do look the same.

The SH is on the left.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68129.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	264601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67790.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	264602  
Old 04-29-2005, 02:48 PM
hardtail

cheers for that nitronutt they look the same to me ill check with the local hobby shop see if they can help in the mean time i dont suppose anyone has a spare shaft they would sell i no its a long shot
Old 04-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Nitronutt

Not unless the one from my S-25 would fit! I have that one...in fine shape.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:46 PM
I Eat Glue

Sorry nitronut. Being a kid I can't afford to recieve a broken item from E-bay and am therefore very skeptical. However I do sell things on E-bay to bring in money to fund my Savage.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Nitronutt

ORIGINAL: I Eat Glue

Sorry nitronut. Being a kid I can't afford to recieve a broken item from E-bay and am therefore very skeptical. However I do sell things on E-bay to bring in money to fund my Savage.
To avoid getting burned, always read the description thoroughly. If there is anything missing in the description, ask the seller! If the seller doesn't respond, don't bid.

Always pay with paypal. It gives you some recourse with the seller should you have a dispute.

If the item is not new, email the seller asking about a DOA (Dead on Arrival) Warranty. Most sellers will offer one without even flinching. If they won't warranty a used item, don't bid. Test the item on the day that you get it. If it doesn't work, email the seller. Nearly all of the time they will replace/refund your money.

If they won't make it right, go through paypal and let them know what is going on. Paypal will make it right.

Obviously, a seller won't have anything to do with an item that has been abused. They can't have anything to do with a manufacturing defect (Unless it was there at the time of purchase).

If you are careful and keep a cool head, Ebay is a wonderful resource for nearly EVERYTHING!
Old 04-29-2005, 11:42 PM
I Eat Glue

Ok, nitronut. Um, thanks.