Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

AWWW YEAH landed on parking block

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 03:09 PM
ntloser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AWWW YEAH landed on parking block

Aww yeah, I brought my truck into work today and decided to try some jumping .. from one parking lot to the next. I made it but landed on a parking block. When it landed I almost ***** because I thought for sure I did it in. But there was no damage except for a huge gouge on the center skid plate. On a seperate note, I blew 2 of those hot bodies aluminium shocks. I don't know if I over filled them or if they just suck that bad. So far i have gone through 4 all together.

I am also thinking my truck can hold a tune and the tuning problem have been my fault all along for not letting it warm up all the way.

I can't wait to put on the stock shocks and bash again.. I need to find some dirt with hills and jumps.. all this bashing on pavement is getting boring.

Old 05-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Rep99099

Default RE: AWWW YEAH landed on parking block

What you could do is carry around a bunch of pillows and lay them out where you are jumping so when you land it will be a sooooooft landing.

Or, you can try what I did and put your savage inside of a pillow and cut out holes for all four wheels and a hole on top for the antenna.
The only thing is people will ask where they can get a marshmellow on wheels like yours.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:12 PM
ntloser

LOL.. I am no longer worried about scratches and stuff. I guess that was just at the begining. The roll cage is doing a good job or protecting it and after seeing it land on a parking block and drive away just blew me away. This thing is way tough. Except for those crappy shocks.

Edit

The post should have read

.... The rollcage is doing a good job at protecting the head and the center plate did really good after seeing it land on the parking block.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Rep99099

Have you abused the rollcage at all yet?
EG: Landed really bad on it etc... How has it held up?

I am really looking into the RC Solutions cages for both my savvy's. But I don't want to be disappointed with the purchase.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:45 PM
ntloser

With all the tuning issues I've experienced, I havent been able to bash hard enough to land on the cage. I have flipped it on asphault several times and the body mounts have worn down quite a bit. I am going to try to bash at a new location tomorrow and will let you know if anything happens to it.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:24 PM
chelopr

Today was a great day, first I do was made a wheelie bar, because backflip was destroying my body and head of engine, today run with a lot wheelies and no backflips, Second I do was forget all tunning issues and just have fun with my savage, I don't care about tunning issues([:@]half lean, ofna tank, header tank, uniflow ect) any more all I'm going to do is have fun with my savvy until my engine blows. This is a hobby is for fun and not for headache When my savage go to the half tank start to make wheelies and the engine go to temps to 290 at the end of the tank.

seeyaaaa.....
Old 05-08-2005, 07:29 PM
ntloser

I am starting to agree with you chlopor. I just want to drive it. I will worry about temps on the next engine.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:32 PM
:Green:

Now thats what it all about chelopr....you got it..[sm=thumbup.gif]
Id like to see a pic of that wheelie bar. Im making a wheelie skid tonight, try to anyways.[8D]
Old 05-08-2005, 08:27 PM
chelopr

ORIGINAL: Greenghost

Now thats what it all about chelopr....you got it..[sm=thumbup.gif]
Id like to see a pic of that wheelie bar. Im making a wheelie skid tonight, try to anyways.[8D]
For the wheelie bar I use and old chasis of rc dragter...

here is a pic that is on my gallery

here is another from the botton take the idea, may be this help you, work great I can make wheelies in straight line and that awsome...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51613.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	268878  
Old 05-08-2005, 08:30 PM
ntloser

Excellent work. I noticed your sig says 40 series wheels. It looks like you have the stock rims on. Did you encounter any "headaches" with the 40 series?
Old 05-08-2005, 08:37 PM
chelopr

Nop, just little big, and I like masher tires ,how they look, and is a little small tha 40 series, and give a better acceleration and steerin servo work better , the 40 series give you, great stability, just when tired of masher i swicht them, just for the look.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:41 AM
:Green:

ORIGINAL: chelopre
For the wheelie bar I use and old chasis of rc dragter...
take the idea, may be this help you, work great I can make wheelies in straight line and that awsome...
hey Thanks alot man. I did use the same attaching method you used. accept that extra brace, I dont know if Ill need it yet or not. but thanks for responding.
also you do good work, looks great..[8D]
sorry to you ntloser for hijacking your thread...