Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Most Common Aftermarket Engines For Savages?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Most Common Aftermarket Engines For Savages?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 09:27 AM
tmaxxkillers-25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Most Common Aftermarket Engines For Savages?

I traded my s-25 to hpi for the k4.6 .
Old 05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
racer man05

has anyone tried the .27 picco?
Old 05-30-2005, 09:59 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Yes I currently have the Picco .27 in my Ofna LX Comp with a Jammin JP-2 exhaust, Motor Saver air filter, and Nova Racing cooling head and it absolutly HAULS. Gobs of power, and it really screams at full throttle. I had a Collari .30 in my Savage but I cant really compare the 2 engines side by side because they were in 2 totally different vehicles with different gearing. But I would say the Collari .30 has a TID bit more low end grunt but the Picco .27 is better at higher rpms (absolute SCREAMER). I have also had the Picco and Wasp .26 and the .26 cant even compare to the .27... the Picco .27 would blow its doors off...
Old 05-31-2005, 12:31 AM
stergioszx

Here in Europe there is one engine that I don't know why it is so underestimated in US.

It is the LRP Z28 R.

Physically this engine is very big compared to some RB's and off course the stock nitro star S-25.

I was about to buy it because it is relatively cheap (250euros in my local HS. The OS 21 Vspec costs 400!!!-go figure!), but I found a cheap replacement S25 for my Sav.

The LRP Z28 R claims to put out 3,8Hp, which is almost the double of the stock S25.

I believe that if someone tries to find a big block motor the LRP should be on the list!