Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

what is the biggest and best engine for hpi savage 25

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

what is the biggest and best engine for hpi savage 25

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 11:58 PM
alltheway00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the biggest and best engine for hpi savage 25

will the CEN 4.6 fit the savage and if so what mods are needed and if not what is the biggest engine that you can put on the savage 25
Old 07-30-2005, 12:10 AM
rcguy1000

Default RE: what is the biggest and best engine for hpi savage 25

I dont think the collari .30 is the biggest but the collari has 3.5 hp at 36 000 rpm why would you want more than that you would be flipping over all day with any thing more you flip over enough with the collari hope i helped.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:14 AM
alltheway00

thanks but i am looking to jump this thing over a pretty large area dont really care if it flips just trying to make the jump thats why im looking for something with 5hp or more and possibly 40000 rpm is possible thanks
Old 07-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Philster

"flip" = wheelie and flip over on itself.

Flipping from massive wheelie power and uncontrollable power is not good.

Gearing is limited, and without alot of gearing options for massive power you speak of, then top speed is limited.

BIGGER engine = faster accel and no top speed gains....some top speed gains will come when gears are swapped, but it is limited.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:43 AM
alltheway00

well then i guess i will get the three speed tranny and machine some higher end gears then get the cen 4.6 because my whole question was if the engine would fit or not and what mods i would need
Old 07-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: alltheway00
im looking for something with 5hp or more and possibly 40000 rpm is possible thanks
You haven't done much actual looking then.... You may as well be looking for bigfoot (not the MT either).
Old 07-30-2005, 12:53 AM
alltheway00

actually ive been looking for weeks but havent determined what engine i want to try or even if it will work
Old 07-30-2005, 01:30 AM
guitar
My Feedback: (-2)

ONCE YOU GET TO 5 HP GENERALY THE THE STROKE GETS LONGER AND YOU MIGHT NOT THE 40000 RPM'S . YOU MIGHT HAVE TO RELY ON GEARING & TIRE SIZE.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18181.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	303244  
Old 07-30-2005, 11:20 AM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

The cen .46 ? the one that comes stock in the genesis? It's big and heavy I don't think it'll fit at all. I just barelly squeezed the collari in there. if my savage had wings I think it'd fly. how far you want to jump?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:14 AM
rounder540

too tell you the truth i think the .25 is pretty dam good looking to get another after i blew mine but let me tell you what its been through slammed into a pole 30mph broke steering and bent front left plate fixed then hit a water hazard and flipped it over completly submerged in water and whats worse i hit the gas when it was didnt know it yet but when it bogged i knew anyway cleaned it out by flushing with wd then nitro then oil then nitro and it ran alright though it had problems later found crack in crank but new motor cheaper so ran it finally after over a half gallon ran with a cracked crankshaft (can see when pull backplate off and look where pin fits into crank and piston rod ya right there) its was done being able now to move the connecting rod back and forth over the crack it is time to search but i think im just going to get another cuss thats pretty bad ass to survive that and it will still sometimes fire lol prob put new internals in and be fine but can get motor for less then a hundred so i just ran it ya know anyway thats my two cents hey anyone know about the sh .28 might get that too dont know much so does will the clutch system from my blown .25 fit on the .28 or will i have to go all new