Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.
View Poll Results: A poll
Jammin
11.11%
THS
77.78%
Hotbodies
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Which Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 03:37 PM
JEXTEL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Pipe?

So guys which one..Im pushing towards the Jammin I like the way they sound..lol and the bottom end..oh yea I have a SH .28 with HPI ribbed tuned
Old 08-14-2005, 03:58 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Which Pipe?

There are so many variables to consider. What type of driving do you do, off road, on road, bashing, racing, short track, long track, low end or top end and so on? Does any one have a link to the Jammin pipe? If I were to get one right now from what I have read I would get the THS. [8D]
Old 08-14-2005, 06:54 PM
JEXTEL

oo..Im a racer (HARDCORE RACER...lol) I dont bash and gearing I will be running is 48t/16t meaning its a mid size track to a small track....
Old 08-14-2005, 07:31 PM
46u

Again do you have a link to for the Jammin? Once again I say the THS. Not saying the Jammin is bad but there are a lot of pipes that sound good but lack in performance. I have found this out working on Harleys for over 30 years time and time again. What ever you get let us know how it works out. [8D]
Old 08-14-2005, 09:03 PM
JEXTEL

lol..I think Jammin is the number 1 1/8 buggy pipe
Old 08-15-2005, 12:08 AM
46u

ORIGINAL: JEXTEL

lol..I think Jammin is the number 1 1/8 buggy pipe
Get one and let us know what you think. For the third time do you have a link to that pipe? If I am not mistaken the buggies are lighter then the Savage. Correct me if I am wrong as I am not into buggies. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 08-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: JEXTEL

So guys which one..Im pushing towards the Jammin I like the way they sound..lol and the bottom end..oh yea I have a SH .28 with HPI ribbed tuned
I have the THS pipe, an Ofna 086, a Sportwerks 063, and the HPI purple tuned pipe. I have to say as far as the heavy Savage, I like the solid midrange power output of the Sportwerks 063 pipe. (But it's a buggy pipe, so the pressure nipple is not in the right location). I also like the THS pipe for a great all around boost. A tip, dont be tempted to put a high end 086 pipe on a Savage, as that pipe is absolutely useless, and you won't notice ANY gains in performance.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Wizz Kid

i have a THS pipe on a wasp .28. this pipe provides plenty of back-pressure which helps when you are flipped upside down. beware, any of those high pressure pipes burn EXTREMELY hot! you cant just suck it up and plug it with your finger. they burn like 350-400+ degrees. (the pipe is too shiney to use a temp gun) its always good to feed a motor with lots of fuel[8D]. and it makes it easier to tune. you have to make your own mount for the THS. i used a coathanger wire cause the one they give you is short and VERY hard to bend.