Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

3-Speed Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:26 AM
irishflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3-Speed Tranny

Could someone help me. I want to buy the 3 speed one. Does it come with reverse and a stick type control? I cant seem to find this out anywhere..Thanks
Old 12-11-2005, 09:33 AM
rounder540

huh all you have to do is look man this site should tell you but it dosent least the kit verson didnt get the assembled one but dont think it does either and all it comes with is a new box and bearings so pretty sure no reverse and stick type control ? not sure what controler your talking or what truck or whatever you have but the savage comes with a stick type controler and remember if you get reverse need a servo too as far as mine goes the stock ones suck i want my servos to be so strong they turn the wheels in dirt standing still cant get anything out of the stock ones
Old 12-11-2005, 01:07 PM
langecivta

3 speed does not come with reverse you have to buy it and a servo and install it if you have a stock savage 25 you can use your stock transmitter it has the third channel already. and rounder just get a hitec servo they can do what you want them to
Old 12-11-2005, 05:24 PM
irishflyer

I am so lost as to what to buy for my first nitro model. I know i want a 1/8 model. The Zircon TCP MT seems perfect but I cant find much support on it online or spares at all. Does anyone know anything about this model and if its any good??
Can anyone give me some ideas as to what model to get. I want one with a square stick type control as i hate the pistol types. I want one which is 4wd, 1/8 and ideally with reverse.
Does anyone know if the GV mammoth with reverse is any good?

Please please help me decide
Old 12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
rounder540

oh now i know what you mean not to familar with controler talk yeah the savage is the pistol type control i like it the best the whole truck i mean though the motor needs upraded right away but it is a good starter but i didnt like mine and i blew it up so i got the sh .28 the servos are strong too submerged the whole thing motor and all in water on a roll over and let dry out everything still worked i was amazed thought it would short out for sure but you can get kits man and just set up your control and servos on your own the best thing to do is to look and figure out whats best for you cuss people say alot of stuff so if you can talk to people who actualy have what your talking about heck by now you should be able to get reverse with a kit or RTR i know you can get the 3 speed for it i know i was pissed right after i got mine they offered the tranny with it you might even check out buggys they look really cool the sh motor i got goes on the xtm 1/7 scale buggy man that thing looks cool and the higher you go up the better made they are so ive seen and heard some already come with the cvds and stuff you got to pay out the ass to get for 1/8 scale and try posting this in diff spot if you havent already since this is off topic might not get much help and lan going with hitec maybe not sure whatever i get i want about 160-180 on the torqe factor anyway hope that helped somewhat would commit on the ones you mentioned but never ran them so dont know only heard of the mammoth never seen it so anyway peace