Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

wat would happen

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:08 PM
tik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wat would happen

wat would happen if u use a 7v stick battery for ur savage??..n o yea wat would happen if u try gas instead of nitro??jus askin cuz im real bored rite now
Old 11-19-2005, 04:54 PM
youie

Default RE: wat would happen

I had contemplated using a 7.2v stick battery for two reasons: the first was that you can buy stick batteries with 3500mah for very long run times and the other reason is so I can mount it far forward as possible to reduce wheelies which I am now sick of. i dont want to alter spur and gear combo to solve wheelie problems. I am sure some receivers have an operating voltage bandwith. Not quite sure of the bandwith, but I'm sure it can comfortably accommodate 7.2v. Can't help you on the Gas issue.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:14 PM
LaxerMan21
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok for the gas issue.....Regular petrol wouldnt ignite because it requires a much higher temerature of a spark. Thats about as straight forward I can tell you lol. I may not be correct but dont pour petrol into your savvy!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:15 PM
tik

i jus did it and i can do stoppies now and my turnin got better i mite get hi torqued metal geared servo
Old 11-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Old_Guy

LOL ok just be sure to count how many stoppies you can do before the front diff is junk..

Let us know
Old 11-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Gas + Nitro engine = Bomb This isn't the best of combos, it will ignite and it will blow due to the size of combustion, and will flat out be like a small bomb to your savage 25. You can try it though, just be sure to video it so the rest of us can enjoy it too. I just wouldn't even remotely recommend it though.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:59 PM
stevblutu15

a 7v pack will most likely eventually burn out the sevos and reciever correct me if i am wrong but i do not believe they are made to run on such high voltage.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:45 PM
tik

im correcting u now by sayin that electric rcs can have 2 7v sticks with out frying anything like the emaxx i think....my savage iz doin fine wit da 7v..but i broke my servo by hitting a car tire oops..
Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: tik

im correcting u now by sayin that electric rcs can have 2 7v sticks with out frying anything like the emaxx i think....my savage iz doin fine wit da 7v..but i broke my servo by hitting a car tire oops..
The electrics can use two 7.2v battries because there is electronic circutry in the rx and/or the ESC that limits the voltage to the rx and servos to 6v or less. It is, or at least was, called BEC which stands for battery elimination circutry and allows electric vehicles to tap the motor battries to power the rx and servos.
I believe that if you continue using the 7.2v battery for the rx that you will cause damage to both the rx and servos. Those components were designed to run on a maximum of 6v and you are exceeding that by 20%. The servos will be fast and strong....right up to the point the motors in them burn out.
But, hey, if you think you're good with 7.2v then it's your truck and your gamble.
But that does bring up the question about why you'ld ask what would happen if you know you're ok?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:20 PM
bagged97

I think an electric car operates off that kind of voltage cause the ESC controls how much voltage goes to either the motor or the steering servo. The motor might get the full 14 volts (or what ever, I don't run electrics), but the steering servo might only get 4.8 or 6 volts.