Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

IZ THIS SERVO ANY GUD

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:00 PM
tik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IZ THIS SERVO ANY GUD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old 11-21-2005, 01:14 AM
azzman

Default RE: IZ THIS SERVO ANY GUD

Not sure what its like but they are a rip off on their express postage, and another 10 bucks to insure! bloomin heck!!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:32 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought two of those servos from the same guy. I have only used one (E-Maxx), and I have had no problems at all. I consider the servo to be a really good deal.......go for it!

Good Luck!
Jason
Old 11-21-2005, 01:33 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

I got it for my Savage except I went with the TowerPro 15kg. Still the same type of servo brand and I like mine very well. I've only had it for a little while, but I know others on this forum have had it longer with great success. The one I have is plenty powerful and really increased the steering responce alot, and I took my original stock steering servo and put it in my throttle servos spot, and this increase my throttle responce drastically. Altough the only complaint I do have about it is that it is quite noisey, but that has to do with the fact that it is an digital servo and all metal gearing. With that aside it is an excellent servo though, but I can't say that the one you listed is just like the one I bought, but here is the link to the one that I got, just click on it and it will take you there. Hope this helps you, let us know what you think if you decide to get one. This one too is a little more, but that's the one I know.

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Tower-Pro-Professional-High-Speed-Torque-Servo-05USCG_W0QQitemZ6013012839QQcategoryZ19168QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem]HIGH TORQUE SERVO[/link]
Old 11-21-2005, 09:07 AM
tik

the servo i posted said the speed was.2 and the one u posted said .13 iz it true....but anyways im ganna get it cuz im desprate and have not much money thats y im gettin my brother to buy it for me
Old 11-21-2005, 01:59 PM
bam.bam

They are the same servo. TowerPro Part/Model # MG995

The other link has the description off a-tad bit.

Regardless, the output are the same: 15kg (208oz) torq, .13sec response speed. Both @6v

I have one and it's working great thus far. Yeah, you're right it's noisy but it's a cool kind of noise to me...

ORIGINAL: Bash-m-up

I got it for my Savage except I went with the TowerPro 15kg. Still the same type of servo brand and I like mine very well. I've only had it for a little while, but I know others on this forum have had it longer with great success. The one I have is plenty powerful and really increased the steering responce alot, and I took my original stock steering servo and put it in my throttle servos spot, and this increase my throttle responce drastically. Altough the only complaint I do have about it is that it is quite noisey, but that has to do with the fact that it is an digital servo and all metal gearing. With that aside it is an excellent servo though, but I can't say that the one you listed is just like the one I bought, but here is the link to the one that I got, just click on it and it will take you there. Hope this helps you, let us know what you think if you decide to get one. This one too is a little more, but that's the one I know.

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Tower-Pro-Professional-High-Speed-Torque-Servo-05USCG_W0QQitemZ6013012839QQcategoryZ19168QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem]HIGH TORQUE SERVO[/link]
Old 11-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

They say the noise is because it's digital and that it's correcting itself like a billion times a second, okay maybe not a billion, but a lot. Thats the humming sound, and the other is that it's just got metal gearing. Yeah it's kinda cool until your friends is just sitting there all quiet and yours goes errr, ummm, grrrrr, ummm, errr, and just can't shut up, and then you just have to laugh. No real reason for writing this, I just had the feeling.