Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage pullstart dificulties?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 11:54 PM
dannthenitroman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage pullstart dificulties?

i was just wondering if the savage pullstart (optional) on the s 25 was prone do breaking the cord?

Dann
Old 11-22-2005, 03:17 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: savage pullstart dificulties?

Not if you can feel that it's tight and know how to loosen the glow plug up when it is. If you can do those then the pull start will last as long as anything else out there. Don't force your pulls and you'll be alright, and you only need to break the seal with the glow plug not loosen it all the way. This way the compression won't over stress your PS. Once the engine is really good and broken in, it won't be as necessary to do this, but while its new it will. Or you can simply heat the head up too to help the engine start easier. I like the PS just be cause you can sense the hydro lock easier and save your one way bearings vs the Roto start. But this is just me, some like it the other way, but my engines have always started on the first pull once they're broken in. Oh yeah, don't pull it all the out, it only takes short fast tugs to get the engine started.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:42 AM
RCDadChicago
My Feedback: (34)

The only problem I've had with the PS is once the knot came loose from the little notch on the inside of the case and prevented it from retracting, took me awhile to figure out that was the problem, I just stuck it back into the little notch with a screw driver and it worked fine.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:45 PM
dannthenitroman

yeh its not my truck its a guys i know, and i was just wondering. i know about hydrolock and other difficulties related. i was just wondering whether he was an idiot or the pullstart was crap.\

Dann
Old 11-22-2005, 09:10 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The roto start for the savage can be purchased for 35 bux on Tower, and is so much easier than pull start
Old 11-23-2005, 07:00 AM
nd_s

i also had the same problem with my pullstart, just pushed the cord back in and then glued it down.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:18 AM
hogie9ll

tiger drive you can start it with a drill,,,,,,,,some mods
Old 11-24-2005, 04:48 PM
youie

I replaced the cord with one of same thickness but much higher breaking strength. Although I am aware of flooded engine symptoms and always loosen the plug a tad. The original pullstart cord is a: Designed to break in order to save the engine from damage in instances of Hydrolock and the other reason is of course wear and tear on the cord.