Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

tapping on the box

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 02:20 AM
hogie9ll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tapping on the box

every so often i loose control no stearing or throtal i tap on the box were the batery pack is and its all back
can anyone help?????
Old 11-24-2005, 02:54 AM
-SomeGuy-

Default RE: tapping on the box

Do you have a servo saver?(emergengy cut off switch that puts your srevos into preset settings incase of lost contact to transmitter) If you dont then get one!!! Imagine you lose contact when your at full throttle!!!
Check all your wires n plugs in radio box n make sure its not a loose wire or something.
Also your batteries have alot to do with it, you HAVE to use 1.5v alkaline batts. BECAUSE you need the combined voltage of the 12 batts. in your remote n truck to get a good connection, rechargables have usually 1.2v so thats 3.6v lost right away.
Only other thing i can think about is antena lengh; best thing to do is pull as much of the antena wire through the tube as possible and tape extra to outside of tube to get double the surface area exposed to your transmissions...

P.S.The only rechargable batts. with good voltage that i found so far was Dynacharge brand but they dont work with any other charger than its own...
Old 11-24-2005, 03:00 AM
hogie9ll

thanxs
Old 11-24-2005, 10:05 AM
gerwen

Check that the crystal is in good shape and properly seated as well.

I think someguywitasavage meant to say a failsafe. It will put you at neutral (or brake) if you lose radio contact. Servo saver is between the wheels and the servo to absorb impacts and protect the gears in the servo.

A good 5 cell rechargeable hump pack is one of the best upgrades you can get. Chuck the 4 cell battery holder.