Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Getting a Savvy for X-mas

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Savage_Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a Savvy for X-mas

hey guys, I'm going to get a Savage SS for christmas for $344 and I was wondering what other items (not upgrades, just items to make it run) I would need and if you could post links with the best prices, thnx. Oh...and I'm on a $400-450 budget for christmas.

Thnx guys
Old 11-25-2005, 02:17 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Getting a Savvy for X-mas

if ur just starting on the hobby maybe u wanna get the ready to run..all u need is nitro and batteries and ur all set..for the ss ur just gonna need radio and servos nitro and batts..
Old 11-25-2005, 02:33 PM
-SomeGuy-

Basics of what you need to make the truck run:
1) glow starter n charger
2) fuel transfer bottle
3) fuel
4) lots n lots of aa bats.
5) batt for roto start n charger (unless your going with pull starter)

You might want to get some extra parts just in case like extra one ways n glow plugs n glow starter n roto start batt.
Let me tell you that having your day cut short cuz of one of these little things dying on you really sucks so its best to allways have extras.

As for best prices well all i can suggest is ebay, my friend is building himself a savage from parts hes getting from ebay and so far he has about 75% of truck for around 150$ canadian(he got a 2 speed tranny for 6.50 us a few nights ago)... cant beat that! I also have ordered many parts from ebay and so far im verry happy with prices.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:59 PM
RCDadChicago
My Feedback: (34)

Congrats on the new truck! I think you have all the info you need.