Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

High Speed Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 06:39 PM
PSG-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Speed Tuning

My car is running awesome but when i'm running at WOT the engine sounds like the rpm's are fluctuating just a little just up and down fast... is that because it's not getting enough fuel? or too much?
Old 12-04-2005, 06:28 PM
azzman

Default RE: High Speed Tuning

If its running rich it will sound harsh not crisp, so it could be lean. Why dont you try richining it up a little and see what happens. Does it happen at the start of the tank or half way through or at the end? Or just the same all the time...
Old 12-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: PSG-1

My car is running awesome but when i'm running at WOT the engine sounds like the rpm's are fluctuating just a little just up and down fast... is that because it's not getting enough fuel? or too much?
A lean running engine will have a high pitched "crackle" to it at WOT. An engine that is too rich will accelerate quick, than kinda start to sound "burbly" and the rpm's struggle to go higher. Remember rich is ALWAYS better and safer than lean. When you are unsure how your engine is running WOT, give the HSN a turn CCW 1/4 turn (richen) and drive it, you should definately notice a change in engine behavior, and be able to tell if you are adjusting in the right direction or not.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:30 PM
PSG-1

It was rich... i went out and tuned today before i bashed... which was the best bashing i've ever done just to let you know, and it was rich... it was "burbling" which is a good word for it because that's what it was doing. I richened it first and then it was worse... so i leaned it back out and it went away and now it's running great except i have an exhaust leak coming out of the header which is going to get fixed tonight... I hopefully can get those videos onto my computer!! there's a few sick backflips in there.