Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage argument

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 03:12 PM
zavzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage argument

hi to all savage owners theres a debate about savage against revvo which one is the best basher out of box we cud do some savage owners on there
Old 12-06-2005, 03:23 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: savage argument

God darnit!!!! SHUT UP!!!. I'M SICK OF ALL THIS blank vs. blank!!!!!!!!! stop it!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 03:54 PM
colindecon

savage = basher and racer

revo = racer only

nuff said.

game over

good night

GO HELL FIRE
Old 12-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac

God dammit!!!! SHUT UP DAMMIT!!!. I'M SICK OF ALL THIS blank vs. blank!!!!!!!!! stop it!!!!!!!! this and any other vs threads should be deleted, because they are just totally out of hand.[:@][:@][:@]
Then don't read them. You also don't need to swear in your post to get your anger across to us.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: colindecon

savage = basher and racer

revo = racer only

nuff said.

game over

good night

GO HELL FIRE
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!! I can't... stop... laughing... HA HA HA... you must live in a dream world... 'cause Savage isn't built for racing... (however it can be with some upgrades) and the Revo is built for bashing AND racing... also... Hellfire isn't even out yet...

I believe this post should go along with the "hahahaha!" post... since it's about the same post... calling more troops is stupid... the "fight" will never end... because there is no PROOF as to what is the "better basher"...
Old 12-06-2005, 08:55 PM
estella

revofamily how old are,you cant ignore the topic just to stop all this nonsense for crying out loud stop answering with the way you answer sounded like you want more come on man stop all this.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:20 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: estella

revofamily how old are,you cant ignore the topic just to stop all this nonsense for crying out loud stop answering with the way you answer sounded like you want more come on man stop all this *****.
I think many of the Savage guys are quite hypocritical. They post threads like this... talking trash about the Revo... yet, the Revo guys aren't allowed to defend? BUT... in the ORIGINAL thread posted in the Traxxas forums, there are MANY Savage guys interrupting a good conversation... because they want to "defend" their trucks? C'mon... that's hypocracy. How many times do you post your opinion? Would it be fair of me to tell you to stop posting...? This thread is just an off-shoot of the other one... and should also be shut down... since that one did...
Old 12-06-2005, 11:30 PM
bigmike882

God dammit!!!! SHUT UP DAMMIT!!!. I'M SICK OF ALL THIS blank vs. blank!!!!!!!!! stop it!!!!!!!! this and any other vs threads should be deleted, because they are just totally out of hand.[:@][:@][:@]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
gotta love rcuniverse.

You are the one making this thread totally out of hand. If you do not like the thread, why read it, just ignore it. No one else is freaking out. Sounds like you are having a panic attack or something. I dont know about this rcuniverse anymore. People are suppose to be able to post freely and have conversations with other rc members to learn and share the experiences. I am getting tired of people freaking out on rcuniverse, its kind of ridiculuos.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:55 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: bigmike882

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
gotta love rcuniverse.

You are the one making this thread totally out of hand. If you do not like the thread, why read it, just ignore it. No one else is freaking out. Sounds like you are having a panic attack or something. I dont know about this rcuniverse anymore. People are suppose to be able to post freely and have conversations with other rc members to learn and share the experiences. I am getting tired of people freaking out on rcuniverse, its kind of ridiculuos.
I would have to agree with you. Most of the time, truck vs. truck threads have many point-counterpoint discussions in them with like 2-3 people wreaking havoc and complaining... and for some reason I get yelled at by someone for "sharing my opinion TOO much" and defending the truck I own and have experience with... yet... that person complaining is not involved in the point-counterpoint discussion. For everyone's information, it is my RIGHT and PRIVILEDGE to share my opinion in a thread, no matter who's thread... or how many times I post an opinion.... Yes, I like my truck (otherwise, I would have gotten rid of it a long time ago)... but I don't go spewing crap about things I don't know about. I have had experience with many R/C trucks... and some I have not. I have had VERY LITTLE experience with the Savage... but those I DID have experience with... weren't all that impressive. If you look back, you will realize I never put down the Savage... I simply stated the FACTS and backed them up with evidence (videos, figures, etc.). Anyways, going way off topic... but, I will NOT stop posting to threads to share my opinion... no matter how many times someone posts "I hate truck vs. truck threads" or "Revofamily, you share your opinion too much." or any other nonsense.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:56 PM
nicholsm04
My Feedback: (-1)

I agree with mike, I also agree with REVOFAMILY.

This makes 2 Revo guys to enter the HPI forum, and there was probably 8 savage guys over on our side posting nonsense.

Im not here to argue which truck is better, because it doesnt accomplish anything.

But, the REVO is a BASHER AND RACER, the Savage comes across as strictly BASHING to me, as many others think.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Ziggmiester

Here we are again. Not trying to start anything but revofamily, in the hahahaha.. post you were talking about Savage owners saying the Savage is the better basher and how they state it like it's fact, yet you are implying(notice the word implying) that the revo is a better truck in both catergories as fact. And then I read this, you calling Savage defenders hypocritcal, while you post over and over again how much better the revo is. Just say that in your personal expirence the Revo is a better truck, just like I will say that in my expirence, the Savage is a heck of a basher(never wanted to race it)plus like I said before, other than vids I know nothing about the revo so I won't call it worse or better. I'm not telling you to stop posting your opinions because I won't stop posting mine, but please make it clear that it is your opinion and personal expirence and not fact. Again, I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just stating what I observed.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:40 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

If you guys want to debate about which truck is better for this or that, by all means go for it as that IS part of what forums are for, but do keep your posts within the RCU Community Policies.

There's no need for foul language, stereotypical remarks, or personal attacks to get a point across. More to the point, there's no need to go about this discussion as if it were a war such as yall are making it out to be.

I don't like having to lock threads, but if this thread continues the route it is taking then that may be necessary, so I would suggest that everyone read this before posting again....

INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE:
The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com. Inappropriate or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any language or content that is sexually oriented, sexually suggestive or abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or that contains racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind. We ask that you please be considerate to other members in the forums when posting your messages. RCU is a place that is friendly to members of all ages and that parents know is safe for kids. We will not allow linking, mention or reference to any website or organization that contains any of the aforementioned objectionable content. Any posts or links made to websites containing such will be removed and a warning given.

HARASSMENT & FLAMING:
RCU members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of demeaning that forum's topic and/or members.
BTW I have gone through and removed/edited some posts for various reasons in an attempt to get the thread back on track.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:03 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Ziggmiester

Here we are again. Not trying to start anything but revofamily, in the hahahaha.. post you were talking about Savage owners saying the Savage is the better basher and how they state it like it's fact, yet you are implying(notice the word implying) that the revo is a better truck in both catergories as fact. And then I read this, you calling Savage defenders hypocritcal, while you post over and over again how much better the revo is. Just say that in your personal expirence the Revo is a better truck, just like I will say that in my expirence, the Savage is a heck of a basher(never wanted to race it)plus like I said before, other than vids I know nothing about the revo so I won't call it worse or better. I'm not telling you to stop posting your opinions because I won't stop posting mine, but please make it clear that it is your opinion and personal expirence and not fact. Again, I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just stating what I observed.
You know, I took what you said to heart... and went and re-read all my posts... the ONLY time my post may have been misconstrued to believe that I was stating an opinion as a fact is right here...

As stated in the Traxxas forums .... it's a competition that will never be won. You Savage guys will always argue that the Savage is tougher, and us Revo guys will always prove the Revo is tougher and better... so, who cares? Stop bench racing... and play with your trucks... what is arguing ever going to prove?
The point I was trying to make is that since this whole debate has been going on... the Revo owners have used factual and video proof to show that the Revo is a qualified basher to be in the same ring as the Savage, yet the Savage guys just BOAST about how great their truck is... and that the Revo is ONLY a racer. That is the main argument I have been attempting to disspell.... simply because it is NOT TRUE. I have stated MANY times that this argument is stupid and will never be won, simply because they are BOTH great trucks... and have been proven throughout time to be great bashers.... and that is a fact, not my opinion... There are always going to be people that dislike something that others like... that's the great part about being different... and having freedom of choice. All of the Savage guys that have argued points have stated that the Revo is not a "basher" and can't be compared to a "all-mighty Savage" I have taken the Savage down off of the pedestal... and compared it to the Revo... fairly.... Most of the Savage guys who have created all the havoc say things that just are simply not true. The hypocracy comes from the OTHER side of the argument, which has taken up 190+ posts where the Savage guys come in and start spewing crap about this and that... with no proof... saying the Revo sucks... etc.... and myself, and a few others have posted proof that what they are saying is false. Then, they come to recruit more people to insult and cause havoc in the Traxxas forums, however when a Revo owner comes to defend the B.S. that is being spewed over here... he gets yelled at and told he's stupid... and he shouldn't post here... (that would be me, BTW)... that's called a "double standard" or "hypocracy"... Funny thing is... other than the above mentioned post, I gave the Savage credit for being able to bash and race (with the right upgrades)... and still got yelled at. LOL
Old 12-07-2005, 02:22 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I don't like HPI or Traxxas, and don't have a savage or revo, so I will go ahead and give my unbiased $.2 on the topic of the day.

To sum it up in one line - Both are ok trucks, both can be raced or bashed, both have their downfalls, both are very different and can not be "fairly" compared.

Here's an apple, here's an orange, see the difference?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:48 AM
tmodlin

ORIGINAL: jakjr

I don't like HPI or Traxxas, and don't have a savage or revo, so I will go ahead and give my unbiased $.2 on the topic of the day.

To sum it up in one line - Both are ok trucks, both can be raced or bashed, both have their downfalls, both are very different and can not be "fairly" compared.

Here's an apple, here's an orange, see the difference?
Well put.

I could care less who thinks what truck is better. I have a Savage and would like to buy an LST. I have looked into the REVO and decided against it, but I do not think it is a bad truck.

I know I am sick if sifting though threads trying to find useful topics only to find people complaining about this guy coming to our forums and talking like this and blah blah blah.

Like said above, both trucks have their positives and negatives so leave it be. If you like the REVO good for you, if you like the Savage good for you too!

Tim
Old 12-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Bash-m-up
My Feedback: (7)

Ditto, I like my Savage just fine, but a good racer for me, it would not be. The Revos in my community are nill, so I don't know how well it bashes or races, but my Maxx wasn't that reliable so I steered away from Traxxas like I steered away from Duratrax. I chose to go with an LST instead, so far so good, no complaints. I have had good luck with my HPI's, AE's, and Team Losi products, so those are the companies I tend to stick with, all the others I have had in the past I just sold to get something else. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:46 AM
spudders

this topic has come up time and time again why dont you people get a brand new savvy and what ever the other one was called (ha dont care much for crud savvys rule) and make them do the same jumps each time getting higher and higher till somthing breaks the last one standing wins

simple
Old 12-07-2005, 07:45 AM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: spudders

this topic has come up time and time again why dont you people get a brand new savvy and what ever the other one was called (ha dont care much for crud savvys rule) and make them do the same jumps each time getting higher and higher till somthing breaks the last one standing wins

simple
See, the thing is, it's statements like this "(ha dont care much for crud savvys rule)" that leads to starting flame wars. Being proud of your truck is fine but lumping everything else togeather as "crud" is offensive, nieve and childish. Especially when it sounds like a Savage is the only thing you own. You have no factual basis to make those kinds of durogatory statements.
I do agree that it would be intresting to hear from someone that owns both a Savage and a Revo to get a real world comparison (not just jumps).
Personally, I own 3 different MT's from 3 different brands. The Savage is NOT my favorite but I do like it enough to keep it.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Ziggmiester

hey guys, I'm sorry, including you revofamily. My friend was using my profile and he stumbled across this topic. I suppose you know he really likes his Savage, but again I'm sorry, I didn't mean for anyone to attack you say or anything mean. Anyhoo, everyone likes diffrent trucks right? It would be rather boring if everyone one liked and bought the same truck. What your thinking might differ from some one else, but that is what makes it interesting to have a conversation about it.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 AM
jpolidore

Ok I have to add my $.02, I have 3 buds who have Revo's and I have a Savage 4.6ss. We bash together all the time, one of my buds saw my 4.6ss right after I got it and took his Revo and put a .21 in it. He now can keep up with me untill I hit 3rd gear on a Long road run, a drag race. BUT, when we bash the trucks are about equal, one of my buds is a sissy as far big jumps etc. he asked me the other day do you ever just drive that thing? I said what fun would that be? On some days when we bash he will break some days I will break, I have personally seen a Revo arm or 2 snap following my Savy off the same jump. I also have seen my Savy snap an engine mount (stock) following the same Revo. My bud with the .21 can follow me up some big hills at almost the same speed, but the stockers struggle with some of the hills at our local bash spot, I attributing this to a lack of torque, not HP. The weight differnece is huge, The .21 will wheelie through 1st drop down shift into 2nd gear and wheelie again. The Savy will wheelie through first and snap like 2nd is gonna pull it up, but it doesn't. I personally like this because when it happens I always win by a mile in a Drag race. I can honestly say the Revo is not a bad truck, its just a perference. I have seen some sick Savage video's on Beat your truck, maybe the Revo guys just haven't attempted some of the stuff those guys do. Once the weather warms up I will see if I can get myself and all 3 Revo guys together at the same time and shoot some video. The funny thing is we never talk about who's truck is better? hmmmm.....
Old 12-07-2005, 11:44 AM
-SomeGuy-

Like i said in an other thread...

I'd rather race a savage than bash a revo!

Thats my 2 cents worth.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 PM
bigwobbely

well i have a revo and i would like to get a savage too!! i was gonna get the savage but the guy at my lhs talked me into the revo. i dont regret getting the revo, but i still would like a savage. i guess i will get some stock savage wheels/tires, and a stock savage body, put them on my revo and be a poser!![sm=lol.gif]
Old 12-07-2005, 12:40 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

ORIGINAL: spudders

simple
See, the thing is, it's statements like this "(ha dont care much for crud savvys rule)" that leads to starting flame wars. Being proud of your truck is fine but lumping everything else togeather as "crud" is offensive, nieve and childish. Especially when it sounds like a Savage is the only thing you own. You have no factual basis to make those kinds of durogatory statements.
I do agree that it would be intresting to hear from someone that owns both a Savage and a Revo to get a real world comparison (not just jumps).
Personally, I own 3 different MT's from 3 different brands. The Savage is NOT my favorite but I do like it enough to keep it.
freez has both the Revo and the Savage... and says the Revo is better... CatchMeIfYouCan has both... and he says the Savage is better... LOL... I don't know... to me... that says they're EQUAL.. Friday13 and his cousin have Revo/Savage 4.6SS.. and he prefers the Revo.. My biggest thing is that Savage guys don't want to admit that there might be an equal to a Savage in the bashing arena... that also makes a great racer.... My argument all along was not that either was better... but that the Revo is a qualified candidate for hard bashing...
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM
crop

There you go. You've stated you opion quite clearly and you as know, to change people's certain opions, such as savage owners believing the savage is the greatest basher, are as hard as to change your own. Come on, you've be trying to speak of your own idea based on your own experience. There are cases when savage breaks something and the revo won't, it depends on the driver, and part of luck as well as it's wearing status. I personally believe the revo and savage are equal in normal bashing,and savage is a bit better when doing extreme bashing with fewer parts broken. I've experience in driving a revo and felt it a bit harder to balance in air than savage(just personal experience). Once more I have to repeat, that's only MY experience. Since you really want to testify a revo can be as tough as a savage, why not find some savage owner and do some bashing? Then you can be more confident with your state, if is not changed.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:10 PM
spareanychange

how about, leave the subject alone, who cares, get what you like, if you wanna race, get a revo, if you want to bash, get a savage. If you wanna race with a savage you have to put alot of money into it, if you want to bash with a revo you have to put alot of money into it. There is too many things to go wrong bashing revos, and savages weigh alot. And i set up the hahaha thread for this converstation, talk on there, if one more thread lk this is set up im gonna go crazy!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.