Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

ambient temps?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:09 PM
kimolop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ambient temps?

In reading a post about breaking an engine in at 25 F, the poster was advised to cover the head with foil, a sock, etc. to keep the temps up. I seem to remember reading, on more than one occasion, that it is not very advisable to run these engines much below maybe 40 F, as it will cause problems when the temps increase in the spring. Now i run mine all winter, with seemingly no ill effects. I was just curious if someone with more engine knowledge than myself had heard of this?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:09 AM
3D_star

Default RE: ambient temps?

i break in my engine wide open thorttle and get them as hott as possible i am an engine expert soo trust me
Old 12-09-2005, 11:31 AM
gerwen

I'm no expert, but i can't see a problem, as long as the engine is getting up to good running temperature (200+) and not being run too lean.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:40 PM
the dog

i asked hpi cause im running at -20f to 20f and they said no prob and that it is actually better for the enginf. the cold air acts like a supercharger. ive leaned mine way out and at -20f it is just warm on the fins.