Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

My brother is getting the RE.32...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 04:20 PM
PillowPants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My brother is getting the RE.32...

My brother seems to think that with his almost completely stock savage 25 he will be able to drop in the RE.32 and everything will be all fine and dandy... He refuses to even consider the Werks cluth kit, and any other part that would help out the monster of an engine he is about to drop in.. what do you guys think?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:31 PM
rock_the_stock

Default RE: My brother is getting the RE.32...

teehee. i would let him drop it in and see what happens, if he screws his savage just rub it in his face, if it doesnt screw it, that'll be one awesome savage
Old 12-10-2005, 08:28 PM
petembx5

I got the collari 32 with everything stock on the truck and have run about ten tanks through so far with only one problem I stripped out the spur gear the stock plastic one
Old 12-11-2005, 01:38 AM
tmodlin

As long as he sets his cb/sg mesh properly he shouldnt have problems with stripping spurs. The one thing I would recommend would be alum clutch shoes. Everything else should be ok for a little while. If he bashes a lot he will probably blow out diffs but that will happen with even the stock engine.

BTW, I have heard really good things about the Racers Edge. Post up how he likes it after he gets some time on it.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:57 AM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: tmodlin

As long as he sets his cb/sg mesh properly he shouldnt have problems with stripping spurs. The one thing I would recommend would be alum clutch shoes. Everything else should be ok for a little while. If he bashes a lot he will probably blow out diffs but that will happen with even the stock engine.

BTW, I have heard really good things about the Racers Edge. Post up how he likes it after he gets some time on it.
will do. And i'm getting one for my LST i have decided too.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:00 PM
EG1

He will melt spurs w/ the stock clutch.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:36 AM
mosavage

yea, you might want to pick up some alu shoes and some mugen springs. Havent had a problem with my 32 for 25 tanks.