Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

BEST ENGINE FOR BEST PRICE???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 12:02 AM
-SomeGuy-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST ENGINE FOR BEST PRICE???

My friend is looking for his first engine but doesnt know what to get.He has no exp. in this field so he needs something easy to tune n maintain.I cant give him much info cuz the only engines i know are the picco .27 and s-25.Can you guys give links to quality engines at best prices you know of?

Also im getting a slightly used collari .30 soon but i cant seem to find spare parts for it anywhere so if you can post some links to dealers i would apreciate it very much (i know it takes an internal bearing but i was wondering if it was the same as the picco bearing)

Thanx guys.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:33 AM
tmodlin

Default RE: ENGINE-PRICE/QUALITY?

Search the HPI section of the site for these engines: XTM 24.7 PRO, SH 28, STS 28, Mach 26, Sportwerks 26, just to name a few.

These are just a few that I was looking into before I bought my sportwerks 26. All of them seem very good and there are a lot of people on this board that have had experience with them.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:15 AM
MY-S25

get the xtm24.7 pro, easy to tune and use the recommended thunder bolt plugs on 20% fuel
Old 12-12-2005, 07:06 AM
XtmSucks

STS.28....beat all thm mentioned in price. $120 new from racernine.com or if you hit ebay you can get them for $112
Old 12-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: someguywitasavage

My friend is looking for his first engine but doesnt know what to get.He has no exp. in this field so he needs something easy to tune n maintain.I cant give him much info cuz the only engines i know are the picco .27 and s-25.Can you guys give links to quality engines at best prices you know of?

Also im getting a slightly used collari .30 soon but i cant seem to find spare parts for it anywhere so if you can post some links to dealers i would apreciate it very much (i know it takes an internal bearing but i was wondering if it was the same as the picco bearing)

Thanx guys.
Absolutely no question, get an XTM 24.7 Pro. Do some searching, and you won't read a single complaint about that engine. Hands down my favorite overall engine (I have 9 other engines to choose from).
Old 12-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Neil E

Default RE: BEST ENGINE FOR BEST PRICE???

I have to chime in on this one. I have just put the XTM 24.7 pro in one of my Savages. It is a direct replacment engine. Mounting is the same, used the stock Roto Start plate and can use the stock exhaust. I have a motor saver, tuned one piece exhaust and a werks clutch. Used the heat cycle break-in that the manual recommended. The engine starts easy, holds a tune well. The only problem is how do I get all the power to the ground and keep it from flipping over LOL.

Cheers
-N-
Old 12-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Starcraft-IX

One more vote for the 24.7 Pro. It is so easy to tune it is almost shameful and it has a lot more power than the S25
Old 12-12-2005, 07:21 PM
mosavage

XTM 24.7 pro, at first I wanted a mor epowerful picco. nut now im glad i got this baby
Old 12-13-2005, 02:18 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

24/7 pro...there are faster but none seem to be as reliable and ready to rock all day long like the 24/7 pro................You know whats funny is i was one of the first ever to get a 24/7 pro...back then everyone thought they were junk...now that motor could go into the hall of fame as the best RC motor in history...when you consider power/reliability and ease of tuning, XTM is the first of the qaulity budget motors......i love the 24/7 pro with a GH single stinger pipe.............
Old 12-13-2005, 04:28 AM
Baroncowboy
My Feedback: (1)

I never messed with the XTM,but from the sounds of it,its a good choice for a beginner..
I have had alot of luck with my Team Orion WASP .26 motors...Im not sure if a newby should go this route,but they have always ran good for me,and they have way more power than the new cheaper made WASP.28s do...
If you look at the stats,to compare it,it will say the .28 is the better engine,but its all a garbage ploy to say bigger is better,just ask anyone who has ran both...If you wanna compare,just look at the price difference and see what I mean...Anwhow I run a Robinson Racing steel gear combo,with an 18T bell,and 40 series wheels with Big Joes,and that equals up to a tall gear ratio,and it still wants to flip from a stand still...Not to menchen I have a loads more top end compared to the stock NS25 engine...
I dont know if any of you guys ever messed with OS or not,but I gotta tell ya,there arent to many engines that can hold true like one...They are hands down the most reliable engines I have ever ran,on cars,boats,planes and my helis... They havent always been the fastest engines out there,but they make up for it when they'er still running when the others have stopped...
But I dont really think they are slower engines anymore,as OS has seemingly turned up the juice on the performance side,and still maintaned they'er Famos reliability...Prolly soon to be the engines to recon with in the races soon... The down side to this increased performance,is the higher cost that bites newbys hard....
Heres a link to the newest OS .30 and the older Team Orion .26...
OS .30 > http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLGH7&P=ML
WASP .26 > http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEKX1&P=7
Cheaper made WASP.28 > http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHGU0&P=ML