Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI Engine and throttle linkage

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Rebeldawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Engine and throttle linkage

Hey all, I need some help if possible... I'm a beginner to nitro rc and have a hpi savage rtr 25. The problem I am having is after
I had my one way bearing in my rotostart backplace replaced after going back the hobby shop I took it to apparently did a rush
job on fixing it as when I got it back the engine was slightly at an angle but was only noticable with the body on and the throttle/brake
linkage wasn't connected to the engine like it should have been so I need someone to help me fix the problem myself instead of
having to pay the hobby shop more money to fix their mistake.. If possible posting pictures to help guide me would greatly be
appreciated.. thanks for your time..
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 PM
fxrs

Default RE: HPI Engine and throttle linkage

Why don't you post a picture of how it
looks now so we can see whats wrong.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:32 PM
tc4savage25TT-01

outch[>:][>:]
Old 01-23-2006, 03:43 PM
a j o e l v a r d y

sorry to but in but dose anyone know what is wrong my bro's savage 25 is bust the bit at the top where the glow plug goes in the thread is gone dose anyone know what to do HELP! PLEESE!

Get me on:
[email protected]
Old 01-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Stephen25

I had that same problem last week you need a new underhead i got mine for $21.99 CAN
Old 01-23-2006, 04:22 PM
a j o e l v a r d y

can you tell me the site or shop pleese
Old 01-23-2006, 04:24 PM
a j o e l v a r d y

+ part number
Old 01-30-2006, 08:50 PM
benzzyo5

joel dude learn how to spell then maybe i could understand u it's just a tip cuz ur propably in a rush
Old 01-30-2006, 09:31 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Rebeldawg

Hey all, I need some help if possible... I'm a beginner to nitro rc and have a hpi savage rtr 25. The problem I am having is after
I had my one way bearing in my rotostart backplace replaced after going back the hobby shop I took it to apparently did a rush
job on fixing it as when I got it back the engine was slightly at an angle but was only noticable with the body on and the throttle/brake
linkage wasn't connected to the engine like it should have been so I need someone to help me fix the problem myself instead of
having to pay the hobby shop more money to fix their mistake.. If possible posting pictures to help guide me would greatly be
appreciated.. thanks for your time..
I don't know if you should be mad at the LHS or thank them for not connecting the throttle linkage. If you had started the truck with the engine at an angle you'd have chewed up your spur gear.
You need to loosen up the 4 screws holding the engine mount to the chassis, cut a 3/8 wide 4" long strip of typing paper, put the paper between the spur gear and clutch bell, squeeze the engine towards the cb and, keeping the engine tight and straight, snug down the 4 screws. Now pull the paper out and look at it. It should have crisp accordian type lines in it. If it does and the engine is still straight then you're almost there. Next, one at a time, remove the four engine to chassis mount screws, apply blue loctite and tighten them back down. Your engine should now be straight and tight and your mesh set properly.
As for the linkage. If they just took it off the carb then it should snap right back on.

A bit of advice if I may.
Work on your own truck. That's really half the fun of the hobby. LHS are a good resource but not always the best place to have work done. These things can seem pretty complicated but after you get a little experence, they're really pretty easy to deal with.