Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302
Results 7,526 to 7,543 of 7543

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Anyone Own a Savage X?

This past while I stopped bothering with a temp gun,

If you know how your engine should run and sound you don't need one,

You get to know tuning by sight and sound after a while.
    Its me is that you?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I completely agree.  Temperature is a good way to get started and it can be a good guide but after a while you can develop the ability to tell by ear.  Sometimes the engine can sit at 240 or so and still be rich and will run best at 280 and some days it runs best at 220 and can't go any leaner.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love that bug body! I found a couple on ebay, but it looks like they come in long chassis and short chassis versions (details below). Which would I get to fit a Savage 21?

Long:
    Length: 19.25" (489mm)
    Height: 6.0" (152mm)
    Width: 7.5" (191mm)
    Wheel Base: 12.5" (318mm

Short:
    Length: 17.63" (448mm)
    Height: 5.75" (146mm)
    Width: 7.0" (178mm))
    Wheel Base: 11.38" (289mm)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My "member" best fits a Savage body, in length and circumference.
    That's your best bet, from what I have been told.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 1ne8ighty2wo

I love that bug body! I found a couple on ebay, but it looks like they come in long chassis and short chassis versions (details below). Which would I get to fit a Savage 21?

Long:
    Length: 19.25'' (489mm)
    Height: 6.0'' (152mm)
    Width: 7.5'' (191mm)
    Wheel Base: 12.5'' (318mm

Short:
    Length: 17.63'' (448mm)
    Height: 5.75'' (146mm)
    Width: 7.0'' (178mm))
    Wheel Base: 11.38'' (289mm)
    I actually got the Pro-Line baja body for the Revo. It was a perfect fit.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just to be sure, you have THIS ONE, right? What model Savage do you have?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just to be sure, you have THIS ONE, right? What model Savage do you have?
    Yup that's the one.
    A wise man can play the role of a fool. But a fool can never play the role of a wise man...... This is so true.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I have all the parts I need for my Savage and I finally got a chance to start it up yesterday. I found that the fuel tank pump doesn't work so I had to blow in the pressure line to get fuel to the carb then plug the pipe and run the roto to prime it (is this an okay method, and any easy way to fix the fuel pump issue? Besides buying an in-line primer bulb, which I might have to do). It started up after a minute or so of working at it so I took off the starter set it down for about 20 seconds of idling pretty consistently, then as soon as I tapped the gas it cut out. This happened a few times so I left it for the night and came back to it today.

It started up the same, but now when I take the starter off it dies after about 5 seconds, and it only goes for 30 or so seconds before it slowly dies with the starter still on. Is this a matter of it not being warmed up, or does it sound like something else? The needles are at factory settings.

I had some problems with the carb in getting the needles back to factory settings, does it sound like it could be damage to the carb/needles that's causing this?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sounds way rich lean the HSN
    My Model's
    HPI Firestorm 10T, Traxxas Stampede 4x4, OFNA CD3, Jammin CRT.5(Brushless), AE RC18MT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So I have all the parts I need for my Savage and I finally got a chance to start it up yesterday. I found that the fuel tank pump doesn't work so I had to blow in the pressure line to get fuel to the carb then plug the pipe and run the roto to prime it (is this an okay method, and any easy way to fix the fuel pump issue? Besides buying an in-line primer bulb, which I might have to do). It started up after a minute or so of working at it so I took off the starter set it down for about 20 seconds of idling pretty consistently, then as soon as I tapped the gas it cut out. This happened a few times so I left it for the night and came back to it today.

It started up the same, but now when I take the starter off it dies after about 5 seconds, and it only goes for 30 or so seconds before it slowly dies with the starter still on. Is this a matter of it not being warmed up, or does it sound like something else? The needles are at factory settings.

I had some problems with the carb in getting the needles back to factory settings, does it sound like it could be damage to the carb/needles that's causing this?
    If your Savage has the primer tank, then it's probably pushing a decade old. The primer tanks were done away with because the primers leaked and - you guessed it - tuning issues. Get the primerless style tank and you should be good to go.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I believe I found my problem: the threading for the glow plug has somehow almost fully stripped out of the engine case. Is there any way to get this re-threaded, or does it look like I'll be buying myself a new engine?

EDIT: after looking on tower, would it just be a matter of buying a new UNDERHEAD? I can't tell if that has the threaded part or not on it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes thats what the glow plug threads into just make sure that its the right head for you engine
    My Model's
    HPI Firestorm 10T, Traxxas Stampede 4x4, OFNA CD3, Jammin CRT.5(Brushless), AE RC18MT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: echthelion

yes thats what the glow plug threads into just make sure that its the right head for you engine
    Thank you!

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

If your Savage has the primer tank, then it's probably pushing a decade old. The primer tanks were done away with because the primers leaked and - you guessed it - tuning issues. Get the primerless style tank and you should be good to go.
    Oh wow, thanks for the info. Do you know if a tank for the savage x would fit in the savage 21?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, in fact that was a running change back in the Savage 25 days. The updated tank will fit no problem.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

Hey everyone. I don't pop in here much cuz my Savage is pretty much trouble free. I do need a little help deciding if I should paint my frame red or keep it stock. Here are a couple of pics let me know what you think. Thanks.
    Did you cut any wholes in the body for air flow? And if so, where?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

backstory:
    i bought my rtr savage x 4.6 last year. ran it a few times with little to no problems. broke a shock and it sat for a while (few months) due to just being super busy. finally got it back up and running again the other day and was running great. from what i could tell everything was tuned just fine. ( this is my first nitro truck) put it away for the night. the next day had problem with the throttle servo holding wide open as soon as i turned it on. figured out it was a problem with my stock remote. bought a new remote (spektrum dx3c) and replaced the old reciever with the new one that came with my new remote. took it out and ran it for about 5 mins before it stopped moving the wheels. turns out screws in motor came lose and it missaligned with spur gear, destryoing it. I replaced it, thread locked screws back in, and ran it again. now i cant seem to get it to consistantly change gears. this is my current problem i need help with. it will sometimes switch and other times it just revs really high in first without changing to second. i know there is a screw i can adjust to change shift points but im not sure this is the problem since it will still occassionlly shift. been cleaning,adjusting,and tuning it for 2 days now trying to get it running right with no luck. checked clutch shoes and they seem fine. dont really have much experience with them but i dont see any excessive wear on them so im assuming there ok. spur gear is still good and mesh seems just fine. any suggestions would be great. sorry for the long backstory but i figued if u had all the info it might help. also after checking the clutch shoes i cleaned out the clutch bell just to make sure there wasnt a grip problem there. still no luck. suggestions? thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Start with the tune, if you are too rich or lean it won't shift properly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Savage X 4.6 got here this afternoon and all I can say is DAMN!
    Going to break it in this weekend and can't wait to bash this beast. My XS looks so funny next to it..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nk28145.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	1798606  
    Savage XS Flux - Bullet MT Flux
    Bullet ST 3.0 - Savage X 4.6