Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

SAVAGE LE

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:49 AM
beaglegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAVAGE LE

With all the new MTs around it can get a bit confusing to some one purchasing his first. Dont worry I wont ask another tmaxx vs savage question!

I was just wondering if my money was better spent on a Savage LE for $399 or a Savage X.

I mean Ive heard stories of people realy having a hard time working on the tranny or difs prior to the X so Im realy not sure wich would be the better value over all.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:44 AM
cavv123

Default RE: SAVAGE LE

ORIGINAL: beaglegod

With all the new MTs around it can get a bit confusing to some one purchasing his first. Dont worry I wont ask another tmaxx vs savage question!

I was just wondering if my money was better spent on a Savage LE for $399 or a Savage X.

I mean Ive heard stories of people realy having a hard time working on the tranny or difs prior to the X so Im realy not sure wich would be the better value over all.
I would strongly recommend to purchase a Savage LE due to the upgrades already included. These upgrades on the LE do not come with the Savage X.
Some of the upgrades are. Tuned pipe, dirt bonz tires, and the 3 speed transmission. these 3 things alone makes the LE a better choice. you'll get more for your money.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:45 AM
jombo

i agree/\/\/\/\ with what he said. i would get the le (if i just didnt have 2 already) over the x, the sole purpose to get the x would be for racing and the replacement of the gears with the removal of only a few screws, but it still dosent handle like the revo. imo it will never handle like a racer because its a bashing monster truck, one of the strongest out.they should make a revo vs helfire thread and see which would win.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:00 PM
TireDr

I have the LE and it is an awesome truck. I had it since Christmas and I am really enjoying it. Very durable. Get one and have some fun!!!

TireDr
Old 03-07-2006, 06:54 PM
beaglegod

Last question than before I take the plunge and order the LE. The online store I found it at was
www.AMAINHOBBIES.com. Is this dealer safe/reputable? They look legit but Id like cofirmation on that. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Chronic

Yeah, they are okay to deal with as far as I know. I've seen them recommended a few times and I don't remember hearing anything bad about them. Never dealt with A-Main Hobbies myself though.

I saw a place today that's advertising the LE for $399. I paid $495 for it in December at the LHS!! I can't remember which website it was though. I'd choose the LE over the X too. You can get MUCH better LCG tvps aftermarket. The X is awesome, but since it has less upgraded parts than the LE and the extra features that it comes with really aren't that great, I'd have to say go for the 3 speed LE and then order a set of Twisted Toys extended LCG TVPs for it.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 PM
jombo

if they have a contact # i would call them and see if its realy in stock, and it will also give you a feel of with the people your dealing with. thats a great price for the le.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
beaglegod

Well ordered it today from Amainhobbies UPS 3day for $438, no going back now I also ordered the reverse module and a metal gear servo. Is this one sufficient? http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ80&P=ML
Old 03-08-2006, 03:09 PM
kurtf5

yea, i have that in my buggy and it has very sharp turning. It probably wont drag the wheels on carpet when its standing still but it works great when moving.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 PM
2115Rg

hey kurtf5 thats kool about your buggie but this is a savage le forum, come on
Old 03-14-2006, 10:47 AM
kurtf5

did you read it? We were talking about that HiTec servo,and as i own one, im telling him its good.
Why do you have a problem with that? [&:]