Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Is the savage x better then revo 3.3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:26 PM
shorty1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the savage x better then revo 3.3?

My brother is looking at buying a car aswell as me and we wanted to know which one was better the revo or the savage x. I want to know stuff like- handling between the two, jumping, starting and all over performance. The cars are pretty close in price so im not to sure so i need to hear from the experts. thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64577.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	446889  
Old 04-17-2006, 05:30 PM
whitesox350z

Default RE: Is the savage x better then revo 3.3?

they're not close in price, x's you can find 420 shipped, revo 3.3's are over 500 + shipping
revo willl beat savage in a race, other wise just messing around the savage will own, because he'll have to stop to fix broken parts
Old 04-17-2006, 05:35 PM
shorty1

The savage x i found the cheapest was $417. shipping was $109. =$526
Old 04-17-2006, 05:38 PM
whitesox350z

shipping is 109!! oooooh, you live in australia, didn't see that...then the price to ship a revo out there would still be $100
uhhh im not sure, but ultimatehobbies.com has x's 420 (free shipping to US) and im not sure if they'll ship to australia, if they do it's probably less than other sites

well if you and your brother are both getting a truck, order from the same place at the same time and shipping both will be much less than seperate

good luck !!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:39 PM
avalanche wolf

Savage X at tower is 449.99 - $30.00 orders 255 and over. Shipping is reasonable.

I love my savage X , owned it for about a week and a half and the fun just keeps getting better and better !!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:40 PM
rc_racer09

where are you planning on buying from shorty? your lhs prob has some so you wont need to pay shipping
Old 04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
shorty1

i was looking at buying it from ebay from thercshack
Old 04-17-2006, 06:18 PM
rc_racer09

are those prices in AUS$
Old 04-17-2006, 06:29 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

savage may be better then the revo at jumping, the savage has beefier suspension and bigger cushy tires, and the revo's suspension is really soft. but ive heard alot of good about the revo so i dont know till i see for myself. durability the savage will be better. revo handles better. nobody really knows how well the revo accelerates or how its top end is. starting depends on how well you tune the engine, what fuel you use, and how you broke it in.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:49 PM
tmodlin

The 3.3 is still a small block. Do we need to continue SavageX all the way.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:53 PM
mosavage

for track ,the revo will mop it up. bashing, bye bye revo
Old 04-17-2006, 08:24 PM
shorty1

rc racer its in american dollars
Old 04-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Yamaha9

I think ull have more fun with the savage x unless ur really actually gonna race, u wont keep fixing stuff on the revo like my friends constantly are get the savage x
Old 04-17-2006, 08:43 PM
dracy69

yea!....
Old 04-17-2006, 09:52 PM
icantfly

here is a post from jeeperscreapers that was in Anyone own a savage x (page 107) that talks about running a savy x with a revo ( i know its not a revo 3.3 but still just a little info on the orig. revo)... hope this helps.

ok i had a heck of a weekend.... got some nice video footage on easter sunday..... 15-20 ft. jumps with tons of back flips .... also has some of my buddies revo in the video...... i think he was kinda embarassed running next to the savage.... but neways..... my buddy will get that video posted soon and il put up a link!!! I have a question..... My x chassis is mangled like a pretzel..... I was wanting to slap some savage 25 or 21 tvp's on it since I can get them for $5 compared to $25 for the x..... BUT my question is this.... how big of a difference is there in handleing between the two??? Think I will even care since i STRICTLY bash???? thx ahead for the input!!!

well bill the revo was a tad slower than my savage .... couldnt tell much difference in the handling.... he rolled his a bunch....... and it didnt look near as good 15ft. in the air...... just running them side by side all day the x looked way tougher and better than the revo.... we had about 10 other buddies over and they all want an x now..... noone wants a revo.... he had to quit early with a busted exhaust , bent chassis , and stripped servos.... the x looked like a pretzel but it still runs strong :P
Old 04-17-2006, 10:32 PM
cruiserx

the new revo 3.3 when it comes out will own the savage x in acceleration and top speed hands down..that wont even be a question..the new savage x has weaker a -arms than previous savage's in trying to lighten the truck up..i still think the savage x should be a little tougher in jumping large 5 ft plus jumps..but other than that they should be about the same..the revo drive train..all universal drive shafts and axles has proven to be more reliable than the steel output cups and dog bones on the savege..they ware out pretty quick..i have a stock revo 2.5r and a savage 25 and the revo is quicker and faster..it climbs hills better and it runs on grass with more athourity..it just has a more powerful feel to it and handles way better..i like my savage 25 alot..i also really like the looks of the new savage x..but dont be misled..the revo is a great truck..the new revo 3.3 will be even better..traxxas does a lot of r&d on thier products before they come out..i would wait and see and hear reviews and videos on the revo 3.3 before you make your choice..besides this is the hpi forum...of course you'll hear savage is better all day long...lol..
Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Revo 3.3 will destroy a Savage when it comes to all out performance. The only thing a Savage has over it is "increased durability" for the bashing crowd. But the Revo was never built to bash and the Savage was, so this should come as no surprise to anyone. In all honesty, the Revo and Savage are apples and oranges to each other and shouldn't be directly compared to each other.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:34 PM
cruiserx

yes the revo was built for bashing.................it's a monster truck..who said that it was'nt?? its as tough as any other truck out there..except the savage..but nothing is quit as tough for bashing as the savage..that does'nt mean that everything else is weak..all these savage owners are a little mislead about there truck..yes it's tough but other monster trucks are tough also..i have a revo and a savage25..yes the revo can bash all day long as good as my savage..not a big deal..the revo is a do it all designed truck..it was made to be bashed and also to take to the track and race if you want..it was'nt designed only to race..like the revo or not it's a very universal truck..it performs great at what ever you want it to do..not many other trucks can do that....jumping over house's?? yes the savage is better at that...lol..
Old 04-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Chronic

Look at all of the decked out Revos. They have the vibe of a short truggy with a two speed transmission rather than a MT. The stretched Revo 3.3 will take care of the short part. It's even got a freakin center diff and f/r adjustable brake bias options!! That's beyond awesome for racing, but it's just not my cup of tea. I like the more traditional MTs. You have to give credit to the Revo, especially considering who makes it. It's a really good truck... if you want that kind of truck.
Old 04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
cruiserx

it has a center diff option..it dosnt come with it..and the fact that the revo has more suspension travel and more ground clearance than a savage i think makes it just as much of a monster than it is.. it has a lower,snugger fitting body on the chassis and i think it misleads you into thinking its all about racing but, the revo is all about monster bashing..but it also happens to be one of the best racers too...but your right..it's all about opinion when it comes to looks....the revo is differant.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Chronic

I'm pretty familiar with the Revo suspension layout, and the handling was more what I was talking about. Yeah it's looks are different, but I kind of like the way most of them look. I understand the Revo's strong points and I give it all the credit it deserves, but I really do prefer the feel of trucks like the Savage and LST better.

I realize that the center diff is optional. That's what I was trying to say, but I understand that it could be taken differently. My point is that Traxxas could easily slide right into the RTR truggy(arena,unlimited,....) market by changing to a single speed forward only box and adding those options from the start. Add some beef and a stronger engine and then go hunting for Hellfires.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 PM
dracy69

the revo doesnt have as much travel then a savage, the savage has a little more then 6" inches of movement. the revo has 120mm (correct me if im wrong) which is about 4 1/2" of movement. traxxas says most ground clearence in its class, which is true. the revo is a 1/10 small block mt where as the savage is a 1/8 big block. considered different classes. just a marketing scheme. the savage has about 3 1/2" ground clearence.....revo has a little mnore then 4" (according to tower) the revo seems like more movement cuz its suepension is very soft, especially compared to the savvy.
ORIGINAL: cruiserx

it has a center diff option..it dosnt come with it..and the fact that the revo has more suspension travel and more ground clearance than a savage i think makes it just as much of a monster than it is.. it has a lower,snugger fitting body on the chassis and i think it misleads you into thinking its all about racing but, the revo is all about monster bashing..but it also happens to be one of the best racers too...but your right..it's all about opinion when it comes to looks....the revo is differant.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:29 PM
cruiserx

the savage has 125 mm of max movement with out spacers..115 mm with spacers that come on it..125 mm compared to 120 mm is a very null differance.. not inches..yes i agree about the soft suspension on the revo in stock out of the box forum..i put the black and gold springs on mine..it now has a very taut feel to it..it feels like a true monster now..it jumps and i think corners better..the ground clearance thing doesnt mean alot to me..they all have enough anyway..right?? lol..yes..anything to sell a truck i guess hun??..i do like both trucks very much..i do complain about the savage alot but i really enjoy bashing it....plus that big block sound...gotta like it..
Old 04-20-2006, 12:34 AM
dracy69

the savage has 152mm of movement which is 6", the revo has a max of 120 which is a little less then 5"...........spacers DO NOT make a difference in movement, just spring tension.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:04 AM
mosavage

the revo can prolly bash as hard as the savage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.