Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

What Injuries has your savvy caused to you or others

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What Injuries has your savvy caused to you or others

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 10:20 PM
SavageHoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Injuries has your savvy caused to you or others

Guys I was just curious as to what you had experienced in this dark area of the hobby.

eg.
My little 2yr old Son ran out in front of my savvy doing about 35-40kms on grass, lucky for him his back was facing the truck and it swept him clean off his feet from behind. A few Tears and a couple of minutes later he was fine. The guilt still lives on as I have yet to tell the wife.

Multiple hand burns from the exhaust when shutting the engine down whilst squeeezing the fuel hose.

Got nitro in the eye, geeeze that kills!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Wizz Kid

Default RE: What Injuries has your savvy caused to you or others

i always cut my hand on the cooling head or other sharp points.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:36 PM
SavageHoon

Lets also include in adamant objects that have managed to be in the Savvy's path.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:40 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

i hit my dogs a few times. and multiple burns. ever pick up your truck from the rollbar with the body off and hit the engine head with your wrist. yea, i did and i had this bubble full of like salty water on it (i bit it open thats how i know) it was gross. left a nice mark for a while but no longer visible.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:46 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

my WALLET is the primary victim from the Savvy
Old 04-21-2006, 10:47 PM
dracy69

lol!i forgot that one. it has also prohibited me from affording a girlfriend. i have been limited to friends with benefits
Old 04-21-2006, 10:50 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

LOL my cars haven't driven my g/f away yet.

maybe if i buy another one...
Old 04-22-2006, 03:58 AM
Motohead24

havent had an injury with savvy yet.bit i was out in the front running my buggy in the street and yard in my bare feet when i discovered it is not wise to drive the buggy straight towards yourslef while admiring the way the front end is soaking up the terrain.it soaked up my right big toe.tore off half the nail and quite alot of blood.was funny for a minute till it starting bleeding.needless to say,i finished out the tank of fuel and went inside to inspect the damage.wife thought it was funny till she saw it.nail came off about 2 weeks later and it healed up nicely.looks like nothing ever happened to it.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:38 AM
Jeht Black1

my savy hit a rake full speed and sent it flying about 20 feet right into my face.....it hurt
Old 04-22-2006, 12:13 PM
SavXMan

I got all y'all beat so far. My 6 year old has a cast on his left hand from my Savage taking his feet out from under him.[] He was "supposed to be" sitting on the tailgate of the truck while I warmed it up so both my boys could run it. Long story short, he didn't and I didn't know and he got run over. 2 fractured bones in his hand and 3 weeks in a cast.
Savagehoon, you want to talk about guilt, I know exactly how you feel.[][][][][]
Old 04-22-2006, 01:08 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wasn't caused by my Savage, but my son was following my Savage with the Revo. We were going over a jump then going back around and doing it again. I was standing to the left of the jump by where the trucks were landing, my son was standing in front of the jump. I jumped the dirt mound, got about 6 foot or so of air and was turned sideways to the ramp watching my Savage land. My son went off the side of the ramp and nailed me in the midsection. I caught a glimpse of it coming and turned just enough that my left hand took most of the impact, but none the less, a 9 pound truck at full speed kind of hurts. I had a bruise for almost 2 weeks.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:18 PM
SavageHoon

Great, I can tell the misses now!! Thanks SavXman. Its always easier when some one has done something worse... I'll start off with your story first... BWaHAHHAaa
Old 04-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Rc EnthuSiasTs

I let my dad drive my mt. All of a sudden it comes straight for me, luckily only going 15mph, it hit my ankle, boy, it hurt for a day or two.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: SavageHoon

Guys I was just curious as to what you had experienced in this dark area of the hobby.

eg.
My little 2yr old Son ran out in front of my savvy doing about 35-40kms on grass, lucky for him his back was facing the truck and it swept him clean off his feet from behind. A few Tears and a couple of minutes later he was fine. The guilt still lives on as I have yet to tell the wife.

Multiple hand burns from the exhaust when shutting the engine down whilst squeeezing the fuel hose.

Got nitro in the eye, geeeze that kills!!!

One Sunday during a club race, I saw a Savage's throttle stick wide open down the front straight, jump the plastic pipe border, and hit the corner marshall right square in the knee. The corner marshall suffered serious knee damage, but things are better, but he still walks with a limp.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:38 AM
LaxerMan21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hit my shins a few times, pullstart recoiled and cut my hand on the heatsink, got nitro in the same cut, and then got nitro in my eye I really felt dumb after that day
Old 04-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Yamaha9

Well my friend let his dad drive his Revo, so hes having fun with his son after coming from Iraq for like a year and a hald but he wasnt to good at driving it lol, so by accident he drove it in the pool lol, after some work they got it back up and running.