Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What reciever Battery pack??? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 05:54 PM
chubbysuncle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What reciever Battery pack??? HELP!

I just got my X and I'm running with 4 AA's now. Can someone help me??[] I'm confused with these hump packs. I would like to install one in the X and be able to charge it in the truck. I know this is possible but can someone give me links to Tower or something to which ones work well? Which plug ends and charger. I'm kinda bad about rechargables( I leave them in the charger till needed) so I need something thats not gonna cook the pack and drop to a trickle when done. I see the hole in the reciver box for the plug? Peak chargers, wall chargers, 7.8v 6v AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA [:@]. Don't they have 1 charger that'll keep my glow chargers, reciever park and AA's for the transmitter all charged nice for me when I come home to bash??[sm=confused.gif]If not someone make it and I'll be the first on the line.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Chronic

Default RE: What reciever Battery pack??? HELP!

[link]http://maxamps.com/index.html?lmd=38859.606875[/link]

I just bought two of those, but can't really comment yet except to say that they work... That's the style you need if you want it to fit in the factory radio box. It's a 5 cell(2/3A) 3+2 hump pack. My $20 Venom pack seemed like a good one, but it just died on me after only a couple of months. I bought an Ofna pack at the LHS and it had a dead cell right out of the pack.

I use a MRC SuperBrain 969 charger and I like it. They don't make that exact model anymore but they have updated versions of the same charger. It will charge two packs at the same time, but not the AAs. For charging the ignitors, I made a little adapter using the plug off of the wall charger that came with one of them.

Edit: Well crap, the link does not take you straight to it. Anyway, just click on the "Trans/Receiver Packs" listing in the menu on the left side of their webpage. It's the very first one that comes up, listed for a Savage/Tmaxx application.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
chubbysuncle

Thanks Chronic. I got the pack up. What plug type?? What do I need to recharge in truck? MRC superbrain it's called I 'll try and find one. Sorry to be asking so many questions on this but I just wanna get an easy setup to work with and these plug ends and chargers are gettin' my head spinnin'[&:]
They have a univesal smart charger on sale too. What charger voltage to recharge 6v packs all I see are ones that'll charge 7.2v[sm=confused.gif]
Old 05-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Chronic

I got the wrong plugs. I don't even remember it giving me a choice...

I don't even know what they are called...I guess the universal ones. They are skinnier than the type I had, but they still plug in.

Don't know about the charger deal. 7.2V is what the Ni-cad stick packs are, like you would use to power the rotostart.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:46 PM
chubbysuncle

Yeah Thats what I'm finding out.... You see my problem.. TOO MANY CHOICES!! I stopped @ the LHS. Stupid kid workin' today didn't even know what a Hump pack was or that a Nitro car needed batteries. [:@] Gotta wait for the owner I guess..
Old 05-25-2006, 08:56 PM
benzzyo5

that happened to me some dumb kid was working i asked for a underhead(buttonhead) he didn't know what it was and then he said oh we don't have those. stupid them i came back the next day he wasn't there i asked someone else and they has it.