Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

idle to high

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 05:18 AM
zsar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle to high

hi.i got a problem when i drive my savage.the problem is that when i`m at full throttle and when i bring her to a stop the idle remains high.then after about 30 seconds she comes to her regular idle.if i put fully throttle she revs up.only when she comes to normal idle then she goes in gear then only can i drive her.many solutions.the spur is tight.could it bee low end needle.the idle is set right but it takes time for her to come doen after a stop.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: idle to high

idles too high? quit smoking fatties with it..lol sorry had to do it... sounds like your HSN may be a tad rich, excess gas is pooling up as your running and takes a few seconds to burn thru it, when it does the idle drops.. check things out, but you may need to give your hsn a bit o lean adjustment... be dont lean it out unless your sure its too rich.. this following guide will really enlighten you to tuning quirks, tricks and will explain why and what along the process.. [link=http://www.rcracersedmonton.com/rcracers/NitroEngine101.aspx]top notch tuning guide.[/link] it was working yesterday ,but cant get to it this am.. i ve linked to it a few days ago let me know if your not getting the page.... but your right it COULD be the lsn too....
hth
Timmahh
Old 05-28-2006, 09:43 AM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I experience that problem once in a while when I go overboard on leaning my LSN so check that out. A 1/8 in adjustment can make the difference unless you really went overboard. I had no idling problems even after my slipper was ultra loose so I dont think that can be it. I suggest reseting your carb and starting over. Thats what I do whenever I get into a spot[8D]
Tom
Old 05-28-2006, 10:44 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your LSN is too lean. Try richening it up just a little and see if that helps.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:53 AM
whitesox350z

well, you jsut got 3 different opinions, i suggest doing one at a time and not doing all of them at once cuzz then you could screw somethig up worse or you don't know what solved it
Old 05-28-2006, 01:12 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Make sure your engine is up to running temperature before you try to tune it! I think we will all agree on this.