Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Ever throw your Savage on a dirt Oval? *video*

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Ever throw your Savage on a dirt Oval? *video*

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:03 AM
pulse213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever throw your Savage on a dirt Oval? *video*

I've been working on an RC park the last few months,for our local boys to play on. About to get the clay Oval finished. Enough so,that Wizz and I had to try it out. Couldn't stop ourselves,it was calling us.

Wizz threw his LSP and 25 on there the first night when it was still pretty loose,made for some cool dust trails. That night we had enough rain to get a better pack on it,then it was my turn to give the Savage-X a spin. We're ready to build our walls around the turns,and raise the drivers stand. The track should come around with more moisture.

Click here to Check it out

BTW, for those of you that think the X's A-arms are weak,check out the hit I made headon into the end of railroad ties.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:39 AM
Jeht Black1

Default RE: Ever throw your Savage on a dirt Oval? *video*

man, that track is gunna be bad ***** when you get more trucks in the track. add some stadum lights and it will look like nascar on dirt
Old 06-21-2006, 07:45 AM
pulse213

Yea, I believe there will be more interest in the Oval than the off-road track that I'm only 1/2 done with. I had a blast flying and crashing 'round the Oval. Caught myself giggling more than once at the spectactular cartwheels,from sliding off the berms at WOT. I'm gonna have to gear it up,as at times I was topping out in 3rd gear with my 17/47 bashing gears.

Besides those two tracks,we're also going to have a 120' sand drag strip,a rock climbing station,and a bash area which I've already done a lot of work on. Here's a little tour thru the bashpit, I tried to drive slow enough for the camera to focus. I'll make a better video once everything is finished out there. Probably take me till early fall.

click here for an easy ride thru the bash-pit
Old 06-21-2006, 10:45 AM
HeadRush ROB.21
Banned

yea i have took 2nd place too
Old 06-21-2006, 11:22 AM
pulse213

ORIGINAL: HeadRush ROB 4.6

yea i have took 2nd place too
Was it an indoor or outdoor? What did they use for a perimeter wall? I've seen ovals using masonite siding,but I'm afraid these 15lb. monsters will drive right through them at 40 mph. I'm thinking about using rips of corrugated tin and small dia. metal stakes (maybe 3/8"-1/2" rebar),so they can be bent back after a hard impact.

I'm sure eventually someone will be buzzing around there with 5th scales too. Although I'm not looking forward to repairing the track afterwards.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:50 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Yea videos I do not have to turn the volume down and has great music! You probably will do better with the oval then the off road track but I personally prefer racing where the wheels turn both directions and always have. Very good videos and good luck.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:12 PM
pulse213

ORIGINAL: 46u

Yea videos I do not have to turn the volume down and has great music! You probably will do better with the oval then the off road track but I personally prefer racing where the wheels turn both directions and always have. Very good videos and good luck.
We'll have both. Just face the other way on the wide drivers stand,and you'll be running on the offroad track. We gots the space,so why not. Will we have to put on a different hat?

Anyone else with an oval?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:18 PM
46u

Here is the local one here. Do not run on it and it is in better shape then the off road we have here but the off road is still newl
http://m1.aol.com/__121b_WG0WxhGOuc+...02r7gSL8eqEDYZ
Old 06-21-2006, 08:51 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice vid. If you want to have some real fun on that oval, take the front driveshaft off-it'll get nice and sideways for you coming out of the turns, ala Sammy Swindell. I take my front driveshaft off from time to time and hit the baseball diamond.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:59 PM
pulse213

LOL, have enough trouble staying on the track the way it is,eyes aren't what they use to be. Should'a moved those damn railroad ties before I ever started. The only thing out there to hit,and I drove right into them at full throttle. Wadda tard!

Hardly missed a beat though,landed right back on the track facing the right direction.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:10 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: pulse213

LOL, have enough trouble staying on the track the way it is,eyes aren't what they use to be. Should'a moved those damn railroad ties before I ever started. The only thing out there to hit,and I drove right into them at full throttle. Wadda tard!

Hardly missed a beat though,landed right back on the track facing the right direction.

I know what you mean about the eyes! Mine are about shot at 52. Did you check out the above link with our local oval track in it?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:21 PM
pulse213

We'll have to stick to short tracks then. LOL My progressive lenses (fancy name for bi-focals ) really screw with my depth perception. At least I have an excuse now. Just have to keep Wizz from lapping me too bad. Wonder if they have the "lucky dog" rule in RC oval?

Hey, we're gonna need a pace truck yet!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:25 PM
pulse213

Yea, thanks for the link. Not sure our track will ever look that purdy,especially with 3 savages,LST2,3 revos,a Tmax,an LSP,and a couple hellfires rooting it up. Couldn't tell by the photos there what they were using for perimeter walls.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:55 PM
46u

Never been to the oval track but the guy with the off road track is in on the oval as well. I do not think they run any big trucks on it mostly out law cars I think. Sorry the picture is not better and if I ever go by there I will try to get pictures for you.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:15 AM
pulse213

Yea, there's no way we'll keep our 1/8 scales off there (including me). He!!, we're building it for us. If the track is ever nice enough to hold outlaw races,they're welcome to it. May only be a few months out of the year though. We may have to dictate the tires allowed on the track. I know for a fact the the GT2's tore the heck out of the surface,didn't drive worth a darn either. The dirt bonz worked great,and done very little damage.