Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

backplate screw is stuck

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 09:02 PM
j1001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backplate screw is stuck

alright well i just got my t-maxx big block conversion all set up so now i want to put my big block on there. i would put my collari .32 on there but i have to get a new piston and sleeve. so i am gonna put my xtm engine on there. so i put that on there and i cant get it started. so i want to put my s-25 on there because that is a nice engine. well i was trying to take the back plate off to see if the xtm backplate will work because the s-25 has the shaft coming out and the one way is shot so i was gonna swap backplates from the xtm to the s-25 so i can use the engine. well anyways one of my screws is stripped out and i cant get a alan wrench to get it out.. so what do i do to get it out? thanks
Old 06-24-2006, 09:23 PM
benzzyo5

Default RE: backplate screw is stuck

if u have a star driver jam it in the stripped head and it should get stuck and you'll be able to get it out
Old 06-24-2006, 09:49 PM
j1001

crap.. i should have remembered that trick.. to late now. i took the motor to my bros and he is gonna weld a little bit on the screw and then use some pliers and just twist it out.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:55 PM
benzzyo5

thats another great idea though