Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

.25 carb settings

ok i just bought a used .25 savage that had the motor just rebuilt on it. he said that he put the carb setting back to factory but when i finally got it started it pulls sooo slow about 2 mph. i kept trying to lean it out thinking that he got the settings wayyyy to rich but right away the hsn screw was all the way in. i didn't get a book with it and was wondering if anyone can tell me of a websight or just tell me the carb settings so i can go from there.
    98 percent of ppl avoid hitting the ditch, the other 2 percent say hold my beer this is gonna be FUN!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: .25 carb settings

http://dads-toy.com/tuning.shtml (1st video for carb's flush settings, last 2 for tuning)

http://home.att.net/~dgelowitz/savage_faq/#P-23 (24b)

I hope this helps
    \"A penny saved is a penny earned\" -Benjamin Franklin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got a .25 motor and i got the mid range needle in mine as well. it starts great like first or second pull after i put all the factory settings where they are supposed to be and i rev it up a little and it dies and fuel comes pouring out of the exhaust pipe but i lean it out almost all the way and it still barely moves. could my carb be screwed up?
    98 percent of ppl avoid hitting the ditch, the other 2 percent say hold my beer this is gonna be FUN!!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is it easy to start? who did u buy it from? the only other thing i can think of is the engine is so worn out that there is no compression and there for it won't run strong or just won't run
    HPI Savage, everything else is just a toy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i bought it off ebay and it said that the guy who had it before ran the engine to lean and this guy rebuilt it and sold it. i was thinking the same thing cause i can't even get this thing to pull itself then it is spraying unburnt fuel everywhere

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh and when i first started it today it took me about 60 pulls to get the fuel up to the carb and finally got it started. and it doesn't seem like i have to pull that hard to get it to turn over at all either.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think that guy was lieing to u. he didn't rebuild it. to really test this, set all the needles to factory, then try to start it it should be easy cuz it's at factory. well before that just take ur finger and rotate the flywheele counterclock wise and see if there's a resistance. this is how u check the compression. if it's easy then the piston and sleeve r worn. also check to make sure the screws that hold the cooling head on are tight then do the procces with the flywheele. keep us updated with this

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

he says it is a .25 and on that video and stuff it doesn't show the .25 having a mid speed needle and that the .21 does. i checked all the cooling fins screws are tight and i can turn the flywheel very easy until it gets to TDC. then i can't move it anymore. i then checked it against my os .18 tm motor which i know is way smaller and i can turn that all the way through TDC and that motor is barely broke in. i wonder if i should take the carb apart on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'm starting to think if u can't move it when it's at tdc then i'm thinkin the guy really did put a new sleeve cuz the pintch is there. try taking it apart

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

taking the carb apart? it has to be somehow bypassing the fuel through the motor out the exhaust and i supposed if something is sticking inside the carb it will flood the motor and push fuel through ok so the theory goes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it's hard 4 me cuz i'm not there but try it take the needles off and everything clean it. also just remember hoe everything goes back. i got the idea from sombody film yourself taking the carb aprt and if u forget how somthing goes just rewind and watch how it goes back.

good luck

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok, i looked at the hpi factory settings video. are those break in settings? because they did not make my needle flush, it made it a couple turns leaner from flush. i was wondering this, are the factory needles settings flush with the very top? cause mine came from the factory flush with the bottom of the angle in the needle housing. (the angle that starts at the top and ends about 1-2mm down) its hard to explain, but can somebody help?
    stock savage LE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i do these

settings

high speed-4 and a half from fully closed
    low speed- i set the needle so it's flush with the the metal around it. it's hard to explain

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

here is a pic i made to explain the question in my last post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo38889.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	481791  
    stock savage LE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the flush from top (the second pic) i use that one for my lowspeed neddle and the high speed i set it 4 and a half turns out from fully closed. this will be a good starting positions

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

by starting positions does that include break in? im only 1 tank in.
    stock savage LE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes these r the break in settings and these r good for trouble shooting on ur engine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i contacted the guy i bought it from and he was dumbfounded. he said he did rebuild the motor which i believe he did. he told me if i can't figure it out i can send him the motor back and he will send me another brand new motor for nothing. i told him i think it is the carb that is screwed up so i will see what his reply is going to be. he has 100 percent approval rating and he was very prompt and professional about this so far.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well thats good so things wil work out 4 u now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hopefully they will and he seemed pretty nice so i am 99 percent sure they will work out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

keep us updated