Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

-=-=FASTEST SAVAGE EVER=-=-

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:33 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default -=-=FASTEST SAVAGE EVER=-=-

NOOOOOO im noting goin to rig the fastest savage ever made i was just wondering what is the fastest any one has ever gotten a savage??? let say in the idea condition sunny day dry pavment and the longest str8 away possible what is the max speed to get a savage!!!! i see everyone with a savage and this engine that engine but still everyone one is running 40 45 maybe 50......... could you ever get one to break 70 80 in ideal conditions???? LETS FIND OUT!!!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 09:52 PM
rcnitrohead

Default RE: -=-=FASTEST SAVAGE EVER=-=-

No[X(] LOL mine cant get past 45 and im running bone stock with S25[>:]
Old 06-30-2006, 10:07 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Down a STEEEP STEEEEEEEP MOUNTIN!

^
^^^
^^^^
^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[X(]
Old 06-30-2006, 10:22 PM
MiamizFinest

i have a savage X and i have no idea how fast it goin its still stock im guess from the looks of it 40 45 but goin down that steep STEEEEEEPPP land fill hill near my house it looks like its flying i wonder how quick it gets ima try to borrow my friend radar gun and check one day and ways back to trying to find out ON CONCRETE!!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Rob6

Sounds cool. Have someone video tape it .
-OS-
Old 06-30-2006, 11:25 PM
3spdsavage

no way that bone stock savages are hitting 40-45..lol. the savage le with the 3 speed was tested at 38 MPH.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:24 AM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

Well, realistic ideal conditions for me anyway would be around 50 degrees, 85% humidity, 0% incline/decline, and smooth asphalt. With these small carbureted two stroke engines, cold air makes quite a significant difference in preformance. I can see that the engine responds better and preforms better when its 50 out rather than 100 out. Cold air is more dense than warmer air, so more air goes into the engine (and more fuel since you have to richen up), so the engine produces more power.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:43 AM
LivingLegend

if you are trying to get top end is there anything you can do besides a 3 spd tranny, 19t cb and 47t spur? i figure that with stock tires and and that gearing and a motor that revs the same as stock that your still going to be topping out at around 50-55 (assuming that stock gearing with a 2spd has top speed of 35)

i know that in a car you can get new ring and pinion gears to change the final gear ratio, but is that available for the diffs in rc cars?
Old 07-01-2006, 02:36 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

LL, yeah, bigger clutchbell, smaller spur. if you run bigger than a 15t though, i'd REALLY suggest you upgrade to an aluminum clutch.

also, the stock engine is gonna have a rough time with anything bigger than an 18t CB, and even the 18t is pushin it.

No, at least not that i've seen, there aren't new ring/pinion gears for any of the major cars.

My Savage did 85 before I even broke it in.

in the back of my Jeep still in the box...
Old 07-01-2006, 08:16 AM
MiamizFinest

the 18 on the stock engine KILLS THE POOR ENGINE!!!!!!! and yea ill tape that savage goin down that land fill hill it pretty nice watching it fly down......... and another thing 85MPH........HOW
Old 07-01-2006, 01:29 PM
j1001

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

the 18 on the stock engine KILLS THE POOR ENGINE!!!!!!! and yea ill tape that savage goin down that land fill hill it pretty nice watching it fly down......... and another thing 85MPH........HOW
lol.. look above your last post. it was in the back of his jeep when it was going that fast. lol thats a good one.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:46 PM
MiamizFinest

OMG i didnt see that in that case mine hit 135 (if not more) lol anyway one one have any info on a the fastest savage?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
corona672

i have no idea how fast my sts goes but im still breakin it in and it wellies and nose wellies and ..... pretty much breaks everyones legs all around. after i fully break it in ( and get a new type of starter..) i think it wil go easily in the 40's at least but take awile causse ill have to accelaerate slowly for the wellies...i should put my 18 tooth cb on last night wen i replaced my spur.. CRAP!! ohh well will wen i hav the motor off again..
Old 07-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Chronic

While it works out on paper, don't assume that taller gearing will produce higher top speeds. Most engines don't have the power to push third gear all the way up to their max RPM. A weaker engine may very well have a higher top speed with a 17T bell as opposed to an 18T.

There is also alot of other stuff to be considered when going for top speed. I came up with an idea when this topic was brought up the last time that should eliminate the tire problems associated with high speed. I've got some two piece aluminum wheels and racing slicks from an old go-kart, and I was thinking about making some adapters to mate them to the Savage for a high speed run. To keep the front tires on the ground, a lightweight lexan buggy wing mounted on the front bumper should do the trick. We'll see...
Old 07-03-2006, 10:20 AM
supertib

My Revo can spank all your Savages with ease !!!! SH 28P6 8lb Revo....outruns jato's
Old 07-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: supertib

My Revo can spank all your Savages with ease !!!! SH 28P6 8lb Revo....outruns jato's

Yeah, you can throw a V8 in a Ford Pinto and it will be very fast too.... but it's still a Pinto.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:37 AM
supertib

funny LOL I have had both..the Revo is actualy alot stronger then people realise.... it bashes excelent, though my truck is built to be a racer anyways....
Old 07-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Chronic

I was just joking. I am usually first in line to answer a Revo drag challenge, but I don't think I would have a chance against a Prospec powered 8lbs Revo...

I'd like to see that truck on a small racetrack. Really high powered Revos are always fun to watch when the driving gets technical. It's like a crackhead trying to run a military obstacle course. Very twitchy, and hardly ever going in the right direction.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Chronic

I was just joking. I am usually first in line to answer a Revo drag challenge, but I don't think I would have a chance against a Prospec powered 8lbs Revo...

I'd like to see that truck on a small racetrack. Really high powered Revos are always fun to watch when the driving gets technical. It's like a crackhead trying to run a military obstacle course. Very twitchy, and hardly ever going in the right direction.

well she looked good on paper, but in reality she is a little tough to control.....but my truck has a custom extended chassis, and extended arms, and a well setup suspension, so its not too bad....but throttle control is a must....

but damm is it fast in a straight line, she moves like stink.... My buddy has an Axial 32 Savage and this revo will not just beat him, it will smoke him...
Old 07-03-2006, 01:54 PM
LaxerMan21
My Feedback: (1)

Nothing like being a troll..............anyways, its impossible to get a savvy up past 50, youi would need a huge revving motor.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:38 PM
46u

well she looked good on paper, but in reality she is a little tough to control.....but my truck has a custom extended chassis, and extended arms, and a well setup suspension, so its not too bad....but throttle control is a must....

but damm is it fast in a straight line, she moves like stink.... My buddy has an Axial 32 Savage and this revo will not just beat him, it will smoke him...
Who cares! [sm=lol.gif] If I were looking for fast I would build an on road car that would more then just smoke a Revo any Revo.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:39 PM
MiamizFinest

The guy at my LHS has is revo wiegh 6.5 pounds with a picco .27 (i think) i set it up just for drags thery guy put carbon fiber chassis RPM lower arms Tituim upper arms took out all the opti drive stuff and he has dont so much crap to it its not even funny withe gas and batterys it wiegh exactly 6.5 pounds LORD KNOW WHAT ELSE HE did he claims it will hit 70MHP what do u think load of crap??? or possible
Old 07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

The guy at my LHS has is revo wiegh 6.5 pounds with a picco .27 (i think) i set it up just for drags thery guy put carbon fiber chassis RPM lower arms Tituim upper arms took out all the opti drive stuff and he has dont so much crap to it its not even funny withe gas and batterys it wiegh exactly 6.5 pounds LORD KNOW WHAT ELSE HE did he claims it will hit 70MHP what do u think load of crap??? or possible

All that money and he will still get smoked by a good on road that cost half as much.. Each to there own but if you want fast why not start with the right kind of vehicle to start with. I do not run a monster truck because I am looking for all out speed!
Old 07-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Chronic

It's gearing, engine rpm, and friction/resistance that determine top speed.

70mph Revo? Pan type chassis to catch air, hardly any unsprung weight, and only 6.5lbs overall....? That Revo would be airborne long before it hit 70mph.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:08 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: 46u

Who cares! [sm=lol.gif] If I were looking for fast I would build an on road car that would more then just smoke a Revo any Revo.

whoah relax here boys.... I am onlyhaving some fun, I am not being a dick..... sheesh ! I have had several Savages and am an avid Savage fan... I just bought a Revo for something different..and yes its fast, 8lbs with a Prospec of course its going to be fast.

As for the truck I bought it used with a VSpec, the VSpec wasn't my style so I bought a Sh 28P6 off Ebay for $110.00... It was the cheapest SH I could find at the time, it just happens to be the fastest as well....One paper I fugured it should work, as I had no idea of how strong this motor would be in the Revo....well it way faster then I expected and alot harder to drive, i should have bought a Mach 427.

I didn't build it to be the fastest truck, It just happens to be quite a bit faster then I was expecting...So its not like I was trying to build an on road racer, I was actualy hoping I could race this rig LOL....which will be interesting to say the least. But for the price I couldn't say no to the P6..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.