Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

broke axle

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 PM
woodwore69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broke axle

Well I broke another rear axle 5 so far, does any one know of a strong replacement that will last . thanks
Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Chronic

Default RE: broke axle

I've had really good luck with my Hot Bodies mega travel CVDs. I've got the old style in the front and the new style with the rubber boots in the rear. Been in there for gallons now. Alot of people seem to have had problems with them though, so it might be a hit or miss type deal.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I have the hardened dog bones and axles from the 4.6 kit. I've never had problems and those things have been theough h3ll and back (I've probably put them thru 10 or more gallons).
Old 08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
clubin

I am as well running the hot bodies cvd's i hav a picco 27 on my savage and are a serious basher. Tried everything and twisted and broken dog bones, i have just about tried them all, don't buy the dynamite ones either. The hot body cvd's are rebuildable, you can buy the pins and boots. I have changed the centre front and rear with the hpi cvd's, just b/c no other reason the centre front and rear never broke for me. The hpi centre f and r are great also.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I've never tried the CVD's, do they reduce friction as much as they claim to? Also, do they make cvds (on both ends) to replace the wheel dog bones?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:51 PM
woodwore69

Well I just ordered the hpi heavyduty dog bones, cups and axles. They are much thicker than stock. I am running the wasp .28 and it does get it on . thanks for the advise
Old 08-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I've never tried the CVD's, do they reduce friction as much as they claim to? Also, do they make cvds (on both ends) to replace the wheel dog bones?

CVDs are awesome, especially in the front. You can get a whole set of the new style HB mega travel CVDs for about $50 if you look around. They still work just like a normal dogbone at the cup on the diff output, but it has the better joint out at the axle.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:00 PM
woodwore69

Why are the cvds betterwin they are thinner than the heavy duty hpi units
Old 08-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Chronic

Smoother operation, less slack in the drivetrain.