Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

@Nyc/NJ people.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Top-cop-nj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @Nyc/NJ people.

This post is geared to New York City/New Jersey drivers, I'm looking for a hobby shop that might carry this item so I can go and pick it up. I'm not up for waiting for it to be mailed to me I'd rather go and get it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-RACING-HPI-S...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-15-2006, 12:33 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: @Nyc/NJ people.

try crispycritters they might have it.. call them first ..they carry a lot of hop ups for most mts..
[link=http://www.crispycrittershobbyshop.com/]HS INFO[/link]

got tired of your spur being stripped everytime?are u sure theres nothing bent ?maybe try changing the tvp's ..
Old 08-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Top-cop-nj

The truck was taken apart and my engine mount plate had a slight crack, tvp was warped both were replaced I still go through spurs. So I figure enough is enough and it's time for a change.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:11 AM
buggymangp

you can try jojo`s racin in morgan nj.
they carry alot of savage parts.
phone number 732-553-0200
Old 08-15-2006, 01:09 PM
badboy2

jojosracing i think is in south amboy in rt35 unless they have another store..anyway i was like that on my previous savs ..i kept stripping gears ..i guess the truck will adapt to itself after a while,coz i never stripped one anymore ..what tvp do u have now?do u still use stock cb?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:38 PM
badboy2

u need to replace the x tvp i guess ..from what ive been reading in the forums theyre not that good ..and an unnoticeable bent will give u bad meshing..try putting flm chassis...it looks more tougher and it is lcg..
Old 08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
bam.bam

I have the same problem but only when using my WASP 26 engine. 3 SG srtips!! At $5 buck a pop, I went with a GH alloy/steel 49T SG and Racers Edge 18T vented CB.

The strange thing is when I drop in a different motor, the plastic spur doesn't strip at all using stocj CB. The other motor I have are XTM 24.7 and XTM 24.7 Pro.

I changed gears over this past weekend. Had an outing Sunday and push my truck hard as I can expecting the vented CB to strip but everything held nice and tight.

I gonna try switch to a stock cb to see it it will strip with the steel sg. Just curious... I have alot of stock cb's. Ventedcb are not cheap as the stock one..
Old 08-15-2006, 11:53 PM
badboy2

ive used wasp26 and picco26 on my sav and i never had problem with the stock SG..but i only have the s25 not the X..
Old 08-16-2006, 08:02 AM
bam.bam

ORIGINAL: badboy2

ive used wasp26 and picco26 on my sav and i never had problem with the stock SG..but i only have the s25 not the X..
I forgot to mention my clutch system is the XTM Slider type using carbon shoes. I had the 3 shoe alloy shoes before that it it does the same thing.

The best guess I can think of is my Wasp 26 motor reaches the higher prm range so fast it just heats up the cb no matter what clutch system I use. [:@]

It wont grab hard enough. I do have a set of Werks 4 shoe clutch I like to try. However, that uses carbon shoes as well. I have mey doublts but we'll see.[X(]