Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI E-Savage

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
jamstar47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI E-Savage

can some 1 tell me if the stock e savage plug is a small or large female
Old 01-15-2009, 06:06 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jamstar47

can some 1 tell me if the stock e savage plug is a small or large female
Which plug are you asking about? Male plug should be on the ESC and the Female plug on the battery.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 PM
jamstar47

yea but they have too sizes for the female they have large female and small female tamiya plugs. i want to know which one it is
Old 01-15-2009, 08:54 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

It's considered the large connector.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a quick question...........................

Will the extened body mounts for the nitro Savage work on the E-Savage?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 AM
BigBrett

Nope they will not . the nitro savage body mounts are wider then the stock esavage . the bulkheads and all are totaly different.
Sorry man . You might be able to shop around at your local hobby shop and see if something else is close to it and then force it down onto the shock towers . other wise you could get just the parma extended body post which are just two post that are longer than normal "not alot of support" but works.
This is another suggestion get some alum stock the same diamater as the post make it to the lenght that you need and then drill your holes and wala you have sturdy metal body post .
Old 02-27-2009, 04:39 AM
BigBrett

Guys if you want to make your Esavage run better than the bigger brother Flux then these are the guys to check out .
These guys are the best and have been making the e savage do things it shouldnt.

check it out
GCM they make your esavage longer and alot more durable . they have upgraded arms and even dogbones !!!!!!!!They have better diffs for the truck . Well I could keep going on and on . just check them out GCM .
Old 02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Lilredmachine

Yes they do. My E-savage would likely have destroyed a nitro Savage in every department.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85128.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1146149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37271.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1146150  
Old 02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
BigBrett

Lil RED I thought you sold that truck just a while back? Maybe i was thinking of another one like it over on the Esavage.com forum.
Im No Limit RC OF Va over there . been trying to get my freaking name changed over there but no luck on that part.
Chris up at GCM is in the process of making me my new race truck.
We just got my sons stock Esavage together he is running the roadboy bl with stock motors and a stock esc but Im getting ready to hook him up with lipos . He also has BlueGrove wheels on his truck and cen mt shocks on his .
Found that with the new longer chassis he cant wheelie anymore lol thats with the twin 7cell packs . we also were running 66/21 on the gearing and now we are at 66/19 and so far he is very happy with it . I dont want it so freaking fast that he cant control it.
The main thing is for him to be able to control it but be fast at the same time .
Well he is only 8yrs old and is kicking but in our points series . I have to get some new pics of his truck with the newer chassis and all .
well keep up the goods !!
BigBrett
Old 02-28-2009, 05:06 AM
Lilredmachine

I did sell it, for more than an E-savage costs new lol.

Chris is sending me a kit of parts to build an RB3 up from scratch. I'm most excited. Nothing like full custom trucks to stoke the fires.

For anyone who doesn't know what an RB3 is, it's a brushless racing monster truck. Chris says:

Hex to Hex, it's the same width as the flux, it's only 1cm shorter than the flux, it's more than 3 pounds lighter.
In other words, it's a proper truck.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:45 AM
BigBrett

Oh and ya forgot to mention that IT TO CAN DO A BACK FLIP ON JUST ONE 3S LIPO LOL. Chris's video of the RB3 of it doing that back flip is insane!! I talk to him about everyother day.
Im getting him and some of the guys from up that way to come on down to North Carolina to where the home of Grave Digger for the RC Monster Jam World finals are . We have them every year in May . Last year we had over 300 entries and all the big wigs from like HPI, Losi and Traxxas all showed up with their Team sponsored drivers . So this is a huge way that Chris can make a Big spot in his company with his truck.
Check out nolimitrc.com you can see more about it .
Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
paradyzeone
My Feedback: (3)

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE REVERSE FROM THE E-SAVAGE STOCK SPEED CONTROL