Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

A place for our Savvy's to roam/my summer project

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

A place for our Savvy's to roam/my summer project

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:29 AM
pulse213

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A place for our Savvy's to roam/my summer project

Are you hoping to have the MT track done by Oct? Sounds like you are wanting to make this a pretty big opening!!! Bikes and some calender girls, you have to love this money pit!!
Yes, wanting to have it done by then. It's liable to be re-done after the event,once I get some good feed-back on it. Same for the other two race tracks. I'm not a racer (yet) and am looking forward to getting advise as to how to make things better. This will probably never be a full blown race track,I just don't have the time for races every weekend. Likely will be 2 big events per year,then the rest of the season the guys/outside groups can hold their own events. I just want to see it used,and am doing this more for getting everyone together for good times. Our guys have never had a track to learn to drive on,so we'll all be growing our wings with the help of the outside racers coming in. Most of all,I wanted a place for the MT's and Savvy's to shine. Most tracks are setup for buggies and truggies. Hopefully here,there will be a place for everyone to play.

If by chance a group forms that want to hold more races,fine by us. We'll just need help putting them on,as this is all voluntary.

I am looking for advice at the moment with timing and lap counting systems. We won't be able to afford a new 4 grand system this year. I've already downloaded the lapsfree software,so we can do it manually this season unless there's a good deal out there on another system.

BTW, I'm thinking down the lines of a Monster Jam event this fall,much like the full scales. I've seen something like this on a Chicago site,and it looked like fun. Maybe do a points thing totaled from all the different events,and try to get a LHS to sponsor a truck give away. We'll see how it all comes together. Much to do yet.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:56 PM
jones911

I will let a few of the locals know about your playground. We have a few guys with savvy's, revo's, lst2, mgb buggies, and a couple of others. Just nobody around here wants to put forth as much effort as you. I cut a flat track at my mom's south 40. nothing special just a place to go drive. Keep me informed. I am not a racer either so I could care less about how many laps I complete as long as there is some big air, and some broken parts I am happy
Old 08-23-2006, 09:03 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: DahlELama

Wow... Savage Sanctuary. It's good to see the Savages roaming free in their natural environment.
LOL

Old 08-23-2006, 09:06 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: jones911

...I could care less about how many laps I complete as long as there is some big air, and some broken parts I am happy
Damn straight! Thats when you know you are really bashing![8D]
Old 08-26-2006, 09:08 AM
gleebs

Wow Kansas is flat![X(] Nice work on the track.

I guess I shouldn't feel so bummed that my nearest track is an hour away considering so many people have nothing. I should also feel lucky that I have two BMX tracks within 10 minutes.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:55 AM
pulse213

Yup, parts of KS is very flat. Growing up in the country,I could see car headlights 7 miles down the road from our house. East KS gets pretty hilly though.

jones, sure bring the boyz along. The more the better. It'll be more of a bash fest anyway. The racers can race,and us bashers will do what we do best (bust stuff). Bring your video cam along if you have one,we'll whip one up afterwards.

Still can't get these crazy stands built,been raining the last two weekends. We need the rain,but I'm running out of time. Looks like I'll be working on it in the evenings now.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
PillowPants

Hey pulse, what part of KS are you in? I was born in Wichita.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:15 PM
pulse213

N of Wichita about 50 miles,near Marion Reservoir.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:54 PM
jones911

I'll start putting some word out. I know it is a busy time of year it seems. I can't even seem to get any of mine running right now. Tore the T maxx down to replace clutches, and it won't fire. Didn't even touch the motor settings. Savage OWB is slipping so I need to pull it out and fix, probably replace clutch on it also. XXXNT put a tiger drive on it and now it won't fire (no idea of problem). My nitro stampede needs a motor mount and glow plug ( I hope ). I suppose if I can talk you into laying some asphalt I could run the Yokomo GT4!!!! Might just have to resort to my daughters electric stampede..... NAH!!! I will get them all going by Oct. Just been a bad week.

KS is supposedly flat. Just not around here. Western KS is real flat compared to the Flint Hills area.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:12 PM
SAVAGEJIM

^^^ Whoa! 3 trucks calling in sick at once? That's a real bummer!

Anyway, I can't wait to see the final incarnation of this track once it's fully done![8D]
Old 08-29-2006, 12:51 AM
pulse213

I feel your pain,jones. What you need is a little inspiration!

Here's a re-done vid of the earlier footage,made into a promo vid for the fall-bash. Get to wrenching,man.

[link=http://www.flatoutrc.com/SMF/smf_1-0-5_install/fall_bash.wmv]Our Fall Bash promo Vid[/link]

BTW, we got the rains needed to settle the tracks,look much better than they do in the vid. Trouble is the rain has delayed the drivers stands construction,just have to double time it for awhile. We're also looking into getting a local band to play Sat. night,and light up a grill or two to keep the big coolers company.

If things go the way they're headed,we'll end up with 100 racers and bashers there. Sweet!!