Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

I upgraded to the x

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 10:45 AM
bhinton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I upgraded to the x

As some of you may Know I have been racing the savage 25 with a lot of luck, Now I have the x and it leaves my modded 25 in the dust. I found that it just loves the 40 series tires and aside from that the only thing else I changed was the radio and servos. And I was at the track yesterday playing around. There was a couble revos and a tmaxx. Also two hot bodies lightings on the track. They changed the track around so it took me a min to get my line, but after I did I was running all over the track. I was tacking the revos of the jumps and dipping on them in the corners the only place we where neck and neck was in the straight. The guys that run the revos there have all modded them with os motors and many other upgrades. I have to say thanks. Hpi the savage x allows me to really play with the suspension and that is a big plus. And the lower cg also is a plus. On top of it all. The only time I had to come off the track was when I would run out of gas or need to change my hump pack. While everyone else had to fix there cars I was running up and down the track. Another plus if you guys have not found out but buggy shocks on the x is a great way to set up for racing. I had a pair and tested it out with a little play around with the oil it will be a force to mess with. Thank you again hpi for adding the other mounting point.. Oh yea finally someone bought the hellfire that was there and was tunning it and breaking it in. After I gave him a few tips he got it running so good and was just ripping it up out there, would not mind to have one of those it is so fast out the box..
Old 08-17-2006, 01:35 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: I upgraded to the x

The hellfire is a great race minded truggy. I love the K4.6 HO's dark gray head; makes it look really cool. I've even ordered a pair of K4.6 HO heads for my normal K4.6's.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:43 PM
bhinton

Yea I loved the sound of that thing it was like the beast came out to play.. lol
Old 08-17-2006, 05:40 PM
tazfxrp

Great, sounds like a match. I also have an X and looking forward to start racing after the weather cools a bit. What buggy shocks are you running? I have an extra stock set of shocks and multi different color springs for them, maybe I should just go to the buggy set up?

Eric
Old 08-17-2006, 05:55 PM
bhinton

Right now I am running the stock ones but I treid out a set of the power racing ones that I have from my Kattana and I also checked to see if I could use the tmaxx shocks since they are about the best price and you can. Should be getting a set of the hotbody shocks for the maxx soon.