Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What is this Engine??..

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 02:22 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What is this Engine??..

http://cgi.ebay.de/Monster-Savage-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

This is normally a reputable shop here in Germany, and €120 is a good price here.. But is this a rebranded version of something else, and if so, what??.. 'Preesch..

Old 08-17-2006, 10:47 PM
ELITE913

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is this Motor??..

it actualy looks sort of like the HPI S25, but i dont think it is.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Chronic

It looks like something that I wouldn't want to take a chance on. You're the one that speaks german, you tell us what it is.

Can't you get the Nosram .28 M and SH .28 prospec there?
Old 08-17-2006, 11:37 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Looks like a Force engine to me. Force makes the F4.1, the S25, and the 21BB for HPI. reliable, but not all that great in the power dept. Get an SH sourced 28 (LRP, Nosram, XTM, yadda yadda yadda)
Old 08-18-2006, 12:10 AM
HerrSavage

The text doesn't really clarify anything - it's in English too.. Was just wondering if this is a rebadge, and if so, of what??.. The same shop does have the SH Prospec(my #1 choice..) - also rebadged - for €150 not including shipping - so, that'd be like $185..
Old 08-18-2006, 01:44 AM
amec

Default RE: What is this Engine??..

There is a bloke in Hong Kong selling the SH Prospec for $AU120 plus $AU10 postage. Approx $US95, thats cheap! Dont know what that is in Euros, sorry.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 AM
HerrSavage

You gotta' link?? Would be cool.. That's a big dif in price.. Problem is, you never know if you'll get shafted by Customs.. I did last time I ordered from abroad.. Charged me €51 extra when I ordered my Axial 28 from the States.. Pretty much nullified any savings, plus the hassle of dealing with them..

But hell, if the real-price difference is literally HALF, that might just be the way to go..
Old 08-18-2006, 06:18 AM
boydie1

Unfortunately amec's got his story only half right. I'm buying four pro-spec engines from a guy in HK who I have bough a lot of stuff off before, so I'm getting "mates rates" on the engines. Then with postage being $40AUD for one or four engines he's just divided $40 by four and there is the $10 postage.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:02 AM
amec

Yeah, yeah...
PM boydie to send you the sellers detailsI'm sorry, i dont have them.
The Hong Kong seller has always treated us well. On time delivery and all that. Contact the seller and i am sure he will give you "mates rates" as well.
You must have very tough customs collectors over there in the father land. Down here we only get stung for customs "duty" if we try to bring in anything over a value of $500. I have yet to pay any customs fees. A friend got 2 Savages in from the US (his first import) and he had to pay a couple of Hundred dollars worth of tax.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:16 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: PatrickBW

You gotta' link?? Would be cool.. That's a big dif in price.. Problem is, you never know if you'll get shafted by Customs.. I did last time I ordered from abroad.. Charged me €51 extra when I ordered my Axial 28 from the States.. Pretty much nullified any savings, plus the hassle of dealing with them..

But hell, if the real-price difference is literally HALF, that might just be the way to go..
Ask the seller if he can mark the package as a gift and you can avoid duty fees, i do it all the time, just got some of Chronics LCGs and asked him to mark it as gift and had nothing to pay .
Old 08-18-2006, 01:32 PM
HerrSavage

Most legit businesses don't do that cuz they'd get shut down if caught.. But yeah, e-bay and so is normally OK.. I think the limit in Germany BTW up to which you don't have to pay Customs is $40..
Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 PM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

http://cgi.ebay.de/Monster-Savage-Mo...QQcmdZViewItem

This is normally a reputable shop here in Germany, and €120 is a good price here.. But is this a rebranded version of something else, and if so, what??.. 'Preesch..

Nevermind.......[X(]
Old 08-18-2006, 08:56 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I noticed as part of its advertising it says:
"In von unabhängigen Testern bestätigt, gleiche Leistung wie der LRP .28SPEC2 und mehr als der AXIA .28"

I don't know German (I unfortunately oly know the bad words), so I don't know what this means. Does it say its an LRP or Axial derivative?

Anyway, I also noticed the power output uses the Geman abrev for horsepower ("PS") instead of brake horsepower (BHP or simply HP) even in the english ad side. I wonder why they did that since the PS is slightly less than the usual BHP we are used to state side?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:03 PM
HerrSavage

The German you quoted says "proven in independent tests, the same power as the LRP Spec 2, and more than the Axial 28.."

PS stands for "Pferde Stärke", literally "horse power"..

Whatever the case, seems dubious - though the shop is good..
Old 08-19-2006, 04:02 PM
SAVAGEJIM

PS stands for "Pferde Stärke", literally "horse power"..

Whatever the case, seems dubious - though the shop is good..
Pfsss.. fsss... pttt! (Spitting from trying to pronounce it)
Pferde Stärke, that sounds like a cool dark side Jedi name from Star Wars. Darth Pferde Stärke!

Anyway, if you are feeling adventurous, try ordering one of those engines and giving it a try. Please let us know if you do, I'm curious if those engines will perform as well as an LRP or an Axial.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:39 AM
HerrSavage

For €120 I could also get a Mach 26 with a pullstart, which I would probably do - for the HB Lightning GT.. Now that it's tuned better though, and quite a bit faster than I thought, I might as well thrash the one that's in there - then maybe get something REALLY insane.. Still not sure about what to do with my Savage(s) engine-wise either...
Old 08-20-2006, 02:45 PM
SAVAGEJIM

From what I've heard, the Mach 26 would be good. I personally lean towads the STS and right now and I am coveting the LRP. Check to see how much an STS D28M (or even a D30M) or an LRP would cost in euros. As far as the D28M, once you've broken it in properly, you will not be disappointed.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:12 AM
mini ripper

Hi,
The motor pictured is a Force engine they are imported into the UK through our Hong Nor Distributer. www.s-m-d.co.uk.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:37 AM
HerrSavage

So are they any good?

Here's the link from the site: looks like they have a whole range of them. They also sell a motor with some weird name, but in the pic it's the SH Prospec... Decent price too - but before buying I'd have to make totally sure it was in fact a Prospec. As for these Force deals, I'll have to hear some more about them..

http://www.rc-autoparts.com/