Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage X radio glitching when running

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Hoaner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X radio glitching when running

when my Savage X is running the servos start glitching ? what causes this and how do i fix it ?
Old 08-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Revo Eater

Default RE: Savage X radio glitching when running

The stock radio isn't that great. I had a problem with mine around power lines. I switched to a Spektrum DX2 radio and get absolutly zero interference now and my range is better also.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:46 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Welcome to the forum.
True the stock radios with the RTR are not real good. Are your batteries charged well or if not running chargeable batteries are they good? Check all your connections. Mack sure the crystals are in the sockets well. All so check for metal on metal rubbing. All so what happens if you take it somewhere else as you could be having interference. If you can get a better radio I run the Spektrum DX3.
Good Luck
Old 08-26-2006, 01:48 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I concur. Check all these things. Also, do you have any carbon fiber parts? carbon fibers are in essence tiny nona scale wires that will run a current from induction caused by the flow of elcetricity throught you servo wires, battery wire, etc. Carbon fiber can also be a cause of this glitching.

I agree with everyone else: Go 2.4Ghz and you will not have to worry about interference.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Hoaner

Thank you for your help i am going to check everything over. The plug ins and the batterys and thanks for all your imput. and if that dont work guess its a new radio for my truck