Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Savage takes first place against Revo’s

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage takes first place against Revo’s

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 08:53 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage takes first place against Revo’s

We had a new track open here a few months back and up until tonight I have been racing my HPI MT 1 ¾ even racing against brushless stadium truck so we would have enough for a race. I have won 2 out of 4 races with it. It is by no means fast but it handles so well and is very consistent. We do not have a lot of racers yet but we do have around 12 to 15 vehicles run. Most know I have been building my Savage in to a racer and up until tonight I have only practiced with it.

Being we do not have many racers monster trucks, buggies and truggy run in the same class. Well I have my Savage about 90% like I want it and decide I would race it. First and second qualifying I placed 3rd. Third qualifying I placed 2nd. (Started racing the track and not the other racers) On the last qualifying I popped the top off one of my shocks so I just screwed it back on with out putting oil in it.

Well when it came to the main all the other vehicles buggies, Truggy where having problems. So in the main there was only 2 Revo’s and my Savage. The title tells it all. I know it was not a big race and to most is not a big deal but it sure put a smile on this OLD mans face and I still have it. So between my MT and Savage I have won 3 out of 5 races. Keep in mind up until a couple months ago I had never raced I am fairly old and my eyes are shoot.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:11 PM
leslie_p

Default RE: Savage takes first place against Revo’s

Hi 46u,

Way to go!!! I bet you had a ball. I'm learning that many of the folks that play/race these MT's are in their teens. So an old buck (+25) giving them a go is totally cool!!

Rock on!

Cheers,
Leslie
Old 08-26-2006, 09:14 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: leslie_p

Hi 46u,

Way to go!!! I bet you had a ball. I'm learning that many of the folks that play/race these MT's are in their teens. So an old buck (+25) giving them a go is totally cool!!

Rock on!

Cheers,
Leslie
I am 52. The people I race against most are more then 20 years younger. My health is not real good but I sure do have fun racing. I all most gave up my RC stuff until this track open up.
Thanks
Old 08-26-2006, 09:28 PM
leslie_p

hi 46u,

ah, 52... schmiffty too. go for it. age is all in the head! race 'em and have fun. Heal the health when you can. You're an inspiration!!! Whoo hoo!

from another silver back

Cheers,
Leslie
Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Chronic

Good job on the win man. Did those Revo guys cry at the end, when they announced the winner?

Lets see, you beat a couple of Revos... so, you only had to listen to what? 23 or 24 excuses why they lost to a "slow" Savage?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Chronic

Oh yeah.... PLEEEAAASE tell me that when it was all over you looked at them and said "you guys are lucky I'm still running the stock engine"
Old 08-26-2006, 09:49 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Chronic

Good job on the win man. Did those Revo guys cry at the end, when they announced the winner?

Lets see, you beat a couple of Revos... so, you only had to listen to what? 23 or 24 excuses why they lost to a "slow" Savage?
Chronic I am going to eat my words about stock Savage shocks. Since they made the track bigger with bigger jumps I am having nothing but problems with them. Got to come up with something better. I have been checking out that other thread on the CEN but to me they look like they do not have much travel.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:52 PM
46u

Oh yeah.... PLEEEAAASE tell me that when it was all over you looked at them and said "you guys are lucky I'm still running the stock engine"
No they did not do much but pack up and head home. The are pretty good guys but I do think they where surprised.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:16 PM
pulse213

An inspiration for sure,way to go old timer. I can say that because your one of the few here older than I am.

Know what you mean 'bout the eyes. It's he!! driving lanes with progressive lenses (bi-focals ). Next season will be my first racing season,maybe there's still hope!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:24 PM
46u

To me there is nothing like RACING! You can bash all you want but you defiantly learn driving skills on a track. Not knocking bashing I just have more fun on the track.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Chronic

How old are you guys? I know 46u is older than I am, but how old? I'll be 31 next week, and sometimes in this hobby I feel like that college student that still goes to highschool parties... if you know what I mean.

Last time I went to the local clay track I was the second youngest guy there running a MT.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:50 PM
1 savage

46u, congratulations on your win! I was able to enjoy somewhat of a similar feeling today at the track. I placed second in the A-main with my savage.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:52 PM
X-ruler

great win. My friend has a revo now I have to talk some junk. Wait maybe I shouldn't since he broke his today doing little jumps.. LOL It seems he is always breaking something. My X has went through about a gallon and only 1 spur gear. No problems since going to aluminum clutch shoes
Old 08-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Chronic

ORIGINAL: 46u

Chronic I am going to eat my words about stock Savage shocks. Since they made the track bigger with bigger jumps I am having nothing but problems with them. Got to come up with something better. I have been checking out that other thread on the CEN but to me they look like they do not have much travel.
I had to make myself come to the same conclusion. Just find comfort in knowing that you took them as far as they can go, and then start picking out the replacements.

I like the CEN setup, but I'm still not so sure about it. Unless a deal on a set of Hellfire shocks drops in my lap soon, I guess I'll finish this LST shock conversion.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:10 PM
46u

The strange thing is it is all ways the same shocks on the left rear. Must be hitting something the same way each time. So far the others have not give me a problem but I know it is just a matter of time.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:33 PM
DahlELama

Congrats on the win! Yeah... .I feel like an old timer at the track too (38). Nothing but 9 Revos and my Savage in the Unlimited Monster Truck class here. I suprised some folks last week but I wasnt even close (bad driving and a flame out at the line). It was my first race in 20 years.

I'll have to get the video camera out and shoot a vid of a couple hot laps so you can see how my Cen setup works. If you are worried about that much more travel your track must have some huge jumps.

e.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:44 PM
46u

The jumps are not real big you only get at the most about 6 feet of air. But the track is pretty bumpy.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:47 PM
SAVAGEJIM

As everyone else is also saying, congratualtions on your win!

Though this may be only a small race, you show that a Savage with some mods can be made into a racer. Add to that some racing skill, and a winner will rise!
I have always been under the impression that Revo was the racer out of the box, but I'm glad to know that Savage has some race it it too!

Keep posting back and tell us more about your future racing experience!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:11 AM
theddy

CONGRATULATIONS
Old 08-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Uglysteve

Yes, congratulations! I am 28 and was in a hobby shop the other day where there were two pre-teens there picking out MT's with their father's wallet ready and willing to buy them. The crowd is definitely not focused on a small age range so there's something there for all of us.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:53 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

I know 46u is older than I am, but how old? I'll be 31 next week, and sometimes in this hobby I feel like that college student that still goes to highschool parties... if you know what I mean.
WTH, how would any NORMAL person know how it feels to be a college student that goes to high school parties? man it'd take a really sick person to know how that feels...

LOL, yeah, I totally know what you mean. I got schooled by a 12 year old last time I was at the track.

46u, good job! spank dem Revos!
Old 08-27-2006, 05:06 PM
DahlELama

The jumps are not real big you only get at the most about 6 feet of air. But the track is pretty bumpy.
Here's a vid of our track. Nobody catching 6ft of air on this one. Hard to really gauge the bumpiness from this vantage point but it has plenty of bumps.

[link=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1049986387&n=2]New Track Layout Vid[/link]
[link=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1049986387&n=2]Old Track Layout Vid[/link]

No.. I'm not in this vid.

e.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Revo Eater

I love spanking Revos with my X. Good job 46u.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:26 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: DahlELama

Here's a vid of our track. Nobody catching 6ft of air on this one. Hard to really gauge the bumpiness from this vantage point but it has plenty of bumps.

[link=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1049986387&n=2]New Track Layout Vid[/link]
[link=http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1049986387&n=2]Old Track Layout Vid[/link]

No.. I'm not in this vid.

e.

Nice track and video. Our track is much more technical then yours with many more tight turns. We do have one pretty long straight away. The one jump in front of the driver stands looks like you get some pretty good air but on the video hard to tell as it is in the shade. The big jump on our track is about 4 foot high and you clear it with about 2 feet. Our track is not as nice but is very new. I am not complaining, as I am just so happy we have a track you do not have to drive 60 miles to get to.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:28 PM
46u

All so your track looks a lot smother then ours. This is one reason travel is important on my truck. The way I have my shocks set up I have about 1 1/2 inches of travel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.