Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Recently ran truck!!!(help)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Yamaha9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recently ran truck!!!(help)

Hey guys I havnt been on lately cause Ive been busy plus I just got my comp fixed. Well I decided to drive my truck. So I called up a friend and he brought his revo 3.3. Everything was great and I was about to start it so I fueled her up and primed her and then the rotostart button got jamed. so I quickly took it ot and disconnected the batt. I took it apart and fount that the button/switch wasnt working. My friend helped me start it , I was holfing the remote and he would put the rotostart in and would connect the batt and then quickly disconnect it, so the truck started and It turned off and I noticed the hispeed needle was in like all the way. It would be very easily to turn it without a screwdriver. so my friend called his dad and he said there should be a little o ring or somkething so it would be tighter. so we looked in the manual and it did so I remembered I saw a little oring in the garage and it was a perfect fit. so that worked and the truck ran great. then I noticed I was running in 2 wheel drive. the screw for the front drive shaft fell out. so i went to the lhs and got the screw. I put in in but I felt that it wasnt going in all the way. so i thought maybe its like that so the it fell out then I was like ok somethings wrong. Maybe its stripped or something. I guess I have to buy a new drive shaft cup thing. Whats the esiest way to take it out and put a new one in if thats what i have to do? And what should I do about the hispeed needle because after i took the screw out to check and the little o ring was broken so i put in back in but it was still loose?

Sry guys for all the typing.
Thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 09:35 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Recently ran truck!!!(help)

Is the pin you're talking about part # 86094? That is the locking pin that locks the cups to the tranny shaft. When you replace that pin, be sure to loc-tite the beeyatch! Wven then, be prepared to replace it (those pins have a tendency to fall out all the time)!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Yamaha9

yes I am talking about that pin/screw. I did replace it with a new one but it seems its not locking in. should I buy a new one of these 85050(part number)?
Oh yea and about the rotostart cant I just but a new switch or button from homedepot and soder it on?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Gravrober

ORIGINAL: Yamaha9
Oh yea and about the rotostart cant I just but a new switch or button from homedepot and soder it on?
sure you can, you can do anything you put your mind to.....cant you?

Home Depot rocks and solder is better than glue...
Old 08-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Yamaha9

What should I do with the cup joint? It doesnt be seemd to be locking in with the screw whats the easiest way to take it out to get a better look?