Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

k4.6 compression out of whack?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:23 AM
nitroracer82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k4.6 compression out of whack?

I went to run my savvy the other day and it was running beautifully. Then I stopped for a few hours and went back out to run. When I gave the pullstart a few tugs it was so tight I thought it was gonna break the line. I loosend the glow plug and tried again and it started. It kept dying though for a few more starts. Then it finally stayed running and I tightend up the plug and all was well. Then I took another break and went out again and it was the same thing except the glow plug was shot this time. So I replaced the glow plug and kept it loose and started it then tightend it slightly. gave my savvy a little throttle and then POP!! The glow plug shot up and hit my palm. What's going on??
...sorry for the long build up.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:53 AM
JayC1968
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: k4.6 compression out of whack?

ya have to tighten up snug with a cross wrench...... It's easy to forget as I do it also after starting..........
Just be mindful in starting your Nitro.
It's always a common mistake to not tighten up the plug when it starts. That's usually 9 times of 10 for that happening
Old 09-01-2006, 12:56 AM
nitroracer82

I'll be sure to do that from now on. lol. But what's with the compression all the sudden?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:29 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Whao! I've never had that happen to me before, even with a loose plug! You must ahave had that plug so loose that it was hanging in only by one or two threads.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:18 PM
nitroracer82

Yeah it shocked the hell out of me too. I actually had it tightend down all the way and loosend it by a quarter turn, just enough to release some compression. After it started I picked it up and gave it throttle and pop! It took me a moment to figure out what the heck it was, lol.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:13 AM
BigGrump

You probably had the engine flooded just a little bit. It happens easily to me.

Dennis